VESC- FSESC 75200 ADC1/ADC2 voltage increase issues

apprisco

100 mW
Whenever either motor is running i'm seeing a huge spike in ADC1/ADC2 voltages, up to 0.4v.
This is a serious spike in voltages meaning it's very hard to actually control anything.
I tried shielding the cable to its own ground connection to no avail. Should I short the chassis to batt- and then ground every shielded cable to the chassis in hopes of reducing EMI?

Whenever either motor is running i'm seeing a huge spike in ADC1/ADC2 voltages, up to 0.4v.
This is a serious spike in voltages meaning it's very hard to actually control anything.
By ADC1/2, I assume you are referring to throttle & brake signals,

1. Test w/ a potentiometer
2. Increase ramp time (as a side effect noise would reduce), though it can negatively affect quality of riding

Last edited:
By ADC1/2, I assume you are referring to throttle & brake signals,

1. Test w/ a potentiometer
2. Increase ramp time (as a side effect noise would reduce), though it can negatively affect quality of riding
What ramp times are people using? I was using 0.15s positive, maybe this should be higher.

What ramp times are people using? I was using 0.15s positive, maybe this should be higher.
I think my throttle (adc1) is at 0.30s and haven't noticed any issues. Do you have filtering enabled for the signal as I found that really important to get a smooth pas signal.

I think my throttle (adc1) is at 0.30s and haven't noticed any issues. Do you have filtering enabled for the signal as I found that really important to get a smooth pas signal.
Issue fixed by shielding cables again and hiding them within a metal "conduit" aka outside the chassis to reduce EMI.

Back