Veterans for Trump - Really?

Just_Ed

10 kW
Veterans For Trump - Really?

I can't get the image out of my mind, of a man proudly holding up a sign for the world to see at one of Trump's rallies. That sign read “Veterans For Trump”. As a 20 year veteran who has found himself in harm's way, it was offensive to say the least. I felt like someone had yanked my heart right out of my chest. It brought me close to tears. How disgusting to witness any military man or women showing their support for a man that openly calls them 'suckers' and 'losers'. How do you support a man that professes to know more about fighting a war than his generals? How do you support a man that accuses his top military leaders of using the military as a means to enrich civilian contractors. Have these people no self-worth? Trump is no Commander and Chief. … Trump is a Commander and Cheat.

Of course, if you cheated your way out of serving your country, are not on active duty, or retired, then you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. If you haven't been wounded, physically, or mentally or seen and felt the atrocities of conflict, then I can see how you might not understand the feeling.

Is there a classification difference for "Veteran" so if someone did a single tour in Afghanastan peace time convoy and decided to not continue are they a veteran in the same classification of a lifer or semi lifer who's done many tours, versus a Vietnam vet or ww1, ww2, korean war vet?

Veteran
[ˈvedərən, ˈvetrən]
NOUN
a person who has had long experience in a particular field.

You mean Military veteran - I don't know but one tour should be enough don't you think. Now going thru training and quit at the first chance would not make the grade!

As long as if you are honorably discharged 1 day in the armed forces you are considered a veteran. I know this as a person who was in boot camp with me was honorably discharged after 4 weeks of boot camp and he is a veteran. Does not get all the benefits as someone who served longer of course. He has a dd214 which states his veteran status.

What do you call it when you're Hunter Biden, your sitting VP daddy gets you in after you were rejected because of your drug problems and your criminal record, then you get busted in the first weeks and they boot you out? Maybe he and Bluto met at the time.

Dauntless said:
What do you call it when you're Hunter Biden, your sitting VP daddy gets you in after you were rejected because of your drug problems and your criminal record, then you get busted in the first weeks and they boot you out? Maybe he and Bluto met at the time.

Seems to be an alcohol problem in the Biden family, so to with Trumps brother Fred.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/11/joe-bidens-family-has-a-long-rap-sheet/
"In August 2019, Caroline Biden, 33, a niece of former Vice President Biden, was busted in Lower Merion Township, Penn., for driving under the influence and without a license, public records show. "

slacker said:
As long as if you are honorably discharged 1 day in the armed forces you are considered a veteran. I know this as a person who was in boot camp with me was honorably discharged after 4 weeks of boot camp and he is a veteran. Does not get all the benefits as someone who served longer of course. He has a dd214 which states his veteran status.

The longer you serve the more benefits you get, good luck prying those benefits from the cold hands of the gov't.

nicobie said:
Can't you ever post without insulting someone?

We never see YOU showing me how. I'm not the one who said it, I'm ASKING about it. Perhaps you DO know something and DON'T post. That's a switch, eh?

Did Biden's poor performance leave you extra, you know, owie to sit downie? (We all know I go careful on the language, I'm sure you'll post the common expression no problem.)

Back