Want Bafan BBS-02 750w - what to consider from vendor?

helpfulguy

10 W
Considering to buy the bbs02 from aliexpress/alibaba for about $800 including samsung water bottle battery, 11ah 48v. 750w model. Include shipping but not including tax. Controller is 20a (not 25a). Top speed supposedly 45kph to be expected. There are so many revisions of this kit and combinations that I am confused and afraid to get crap kit - how can I minimize this risk? What questions to ask? Seller is very service minded.

What are the "traps" to avoid so I dont end up with a crap revision? Or is the price good enough?

Are there anything to think about or just rock n roll? I heard about throttle restrictions, controller restrictions, speed restrictions. A jungle of questionmarks :/

Regards

A couple of notes, keep in minds I don't even own a BBS02 kit;

- Use paypal
- You will probably get a crap battery
- Start ordering the bits and bytes necessary to reprogram you controller right away (see the other thread about this subject)

The price is very good, does it include shipping (hence my remark about getting a crap battery) ?
Who is your vendor ? If you tell us, somebody may have experience to share with you.

jslabonte said:
A couple of notes, keep in minds I don't even own a BBS02 kit;

- Use paypal
- You will probably get a crap battery
- Start ordering the bits and bytes necessary to reprogram you controller right away (see the other thread about this subject)

The price is very good, does it include shipping (hence my remark about getting a crap battery) ?
Who is your vendor ? If you tell us, somebody may have experience to share with you.

Thanks for tips! Will look into reprogramming - is it needed/what are the benefits?
Yes, includes kit 750w 48v, shipping, samsung 48v 11ah battery and charger. Feel like a decent price, even if cells are samsung crappiest - should i ask what cells is used?
Cnebikes, seem legit, no?

Regards,
Patric

helpfulguy said:
Considering to buy the bbs02 from aliexpress/alibaba for about $800 including samsung water bottle battery, 11ah 48v. 750w model. Include shipping but not including tax. Controller is 20a (not 25a). Top speed supposedly 45kph to be expected. There are so many revisions of this kit and combinations that I am confused and afraid to get crap kit - how can I minimize this risk? What questions to ask? Seller is very service minded.

What are the "traps" to avoid so I dont end up with a crap revision? Or is the price good enough?

Are there anything to think about or just rock n roll? I heard about throttle restrictions, controller restrictions, speed restrictions. A jungle of questionmarks :/

Regards

My humble opinion - buy from someone you know from experiences on this board that you can trust. From my pov and as a non- technical buyer in Australia who wants no bother, that leaves only Em3ev. In the USA maybe ElectricCycles... Both of these suppliers will also remove power limits on PAS as well!
Don't be phased by multiple versions or supposed 'revisions'. There are really only a few things to consider. If getting the larger 750watt just make sure it's the new version as the controller has been improved. I think this improved controller is really the only 'revision' you need to consider. I am not even sure if it's available yet - em3ev have a 'news' page which you can check for updates. Paul also seems to reckon that the 25A version is not particularly advantageous in terms of battery and motor life and reliability. I'm happy to follow his recommendations.
It seems like you have decided on 48v which means bigger batteries and higher speeds (and I think rate of wear). Fair enough but you may want to go for the 20A, 500w version - there is a good rationale for doing so.
Personally I have found the 36v 250w to be perfectly adequate for commuting. Any faster feels dangerous on the roads here with the brakes and given my capacity as a rider (I'm a 60yo commuter with a very good quality but fairly old/ancient stable of bikes). I've just bought a second 350w version with a 16ah battery for increased range, not for greater speed! Again, Paul has some good thoughts on you problem - worth reading even if go elsewhere to purchase.
Savvas.

Recent news from em3ev re the 750w revision...

"Bafang are telling me that the new 25A BBS02 controllers are due to arrive into their factory next week. After that motors will need to be produced using these controllerss. I would expect that we can receive some 750W 48V BBS02 kits within ~3 weeks from now, possibly sooner. Once a firm date is available, they will be made available for purchase on the website."

So the improved 25A controller is not even available yet! You may want to consider this if you do indeed want a 750w kit no matter where you buy from.
Savvas.

Found any 750 yet?
Seems to be a long wait.
My plan was to rebuild a mac to middrive but i dont have time so i thought a bbs would be just enough for my needs
Thinkin of a triangle batteey from em3ev but not sure. My old lipo is pretty much done,
Live in swe too

I want to see someone hack the BBS01/02 and use a Infineon controller and crank that juice up to 40A ! Then use a thermal compound to stick a large aluminum/copper heatsink to the base of the motor core to expell heat.

Size wize, the BBS is still a great mid-drive for its compactness and power compared to the GNG and other kits.

I just took the plunge and ordered a 750w kit + 11 ah battery from conhismotor.
I will let you know how it goes!

As for my comment about the programming cable, I was simply stating that since you are considering less "known" vendors (just like me), you are not sure of how the kit will behave exactly, and you way need to reprogram it to fit your need.

As for me, I'm not too woried. I don't need the latest version of the kit because I will not go wide open throttle a lot, and even if the throttle max out at 40 km/h, it will be plenty fast for me ! Lastly, if my battery suck, I don't care too much. I'm experimenting, and money was budgeted. Plus, I have a fail over kit (BionX)!

It's all a mater of perpective, budget, and willingess to wait or not.

I have already posted this question in another thread, but now I think it was maybe the wrong one and that it does fit better here.
I want to order a Bafang BBS2-750W(500W) for my Specialized Stumpjumper and use it with a 12s1p 8Ah lipo in a saddlebag.
If I want to programm the controller by myself it doesn't matter if I take the 500 or 750W modell, as long they have both the same voltage...??
The only doubt I have is, whether to buy right now or wait some weeks until they have improved the controllerof the 750W Modell.

Could it be, that the new controller is no longer programmable with the software which is available for customers? This would make it no longer attractive to me.

I think in my case (order from germany) BMSBattery would be the best choice or is there a better vendor? I think I will have to pay about 100$ shipping and another 100$ customs duty. :(
Never mind, it is a great engine and I think it will fit perfectly to my bike. Maybe with this italian 42t front sprocket...

I ordered a 48v 750 watt kit from http://www.tnabattery-ebike.com/ on June 11 and received it June 23. Cost was $436 plus $103 shipping to Denver, CO via DHL.

The serial number indicates it was built in May 2014. Outside cover says 20A 48V.

Sounds like TNA & Con His Motors are marketing "750W" kits and then shipping "500W" kits. The true 750W kits should be stamped "25A"
Of course if you do the math, 48x25 = 1200W, which is what my Nov. '13 produced drive will put out.

teslanv said:
Sounds like TNA & Con His Motors are marketing "750W" kits and then shipping "500W" kits. The true 750W kits should be stamped "25A"
Of course if you do the math, 48x25 = 1200W, which is what my Nov. '13 produced drive will put out.

I thought the 500 watt motors were marked 48V 18A but just checked through the site and found this, so I guess I did get the 500w version. I'm sure it will be plenty of power for my commuter bike but I'll want the 750w for my trike that I'm building this fall.

250W = 24V X 18A
250W = 36V X 15A (greenbikekit.com)
350W = 36V X 18A
500W = 36V X 25A (Ali Express)
350W = 48V X 15A (BMS-Battery)
500W = 48V X 20A
750W = 48V X 25A

I ordered a 750 watts kits + a 11.6 AH bottle battery from conhimotor on June 16th, it arrived today June 25th.
The motor is stamped as 750 watts, 20 amps. So I guess the answer to the 750 watts shortage is just to blantly lie about it?
I am otherwise happy about the delivery speed, packaging and overall transaction so I'm not too bothered with it.

It's all kind of a gray area. Technically speaking, 48V x 20A = 960W, so it IS at least a 750W motor. Just not the 750W motor that was previously available.
Makes me wonder what they will call the new kit once it comes out?

teslanv said:

I would not indict conhismotor or any other vendor for marketing 20A units as 750W. I have purchased two 48V "750W" units from conhismotor in the past 2 months. Attached is a pic of one of them clearly showing the 20A unit marked as 750W from the factory.IMG_0272 (Custom).JPG

You are both correct, and I stand corrected.
As I said, I am very pleased with conhismotor so far, and will report once I have a better ideas of the cells and overall battery.

I guess we need to start identifying the models by volts & amps rather than volts & watts, now. There are so many options, I think buyers are more confused than ever. :roll:
How sneaky of Bafang to relabel their units in this way, so as to keep selling "750W" units, but derating them from earlier units.

I expect the 9FET units will still keep the "750W" rating due to common legal limits, but perhaps they'll increase the current limit to 25 or maybe even 30A???

My 48v 20A model is engraved as 750W. Maybe the new 25A versions will be labeled 1000W

How can you tell if it is the new controller or old?

Pretty sure any vendor selling the new 9FET version will advertise it as such. If not its a safe bet its a 6FET 20A version.

Did you get the kit from this vendor? How do you like it?

I receveid a 750w BBS02 motor from China a few weeks ago. It's labeled 48V and 25A. Production date 01 July 2014 (#210) and the seller told me this was the new type. I think my serial number is starting with 1407...

Who/where did you order it from in China? What is the width of the spindle?

Back