we need a new header for lights,gps,turn signals etc

we need a new header..we have general discussion ..we have technical discussion ..we have hub..we have non hub for bikes...but surely an ebike centric section on just lights,gps,alarm,horn,seat warmer,handwarmer,cellphone charger, bike racks,hell even stereo...why not? sure i get it,,,, you got ur 4 kilowatt hub motor 300 percent overvolted and welded into a 99 dollar walmart bike but what about an area that will focus on the trim level of your bike. am/fm stero /cb/winch/dc to ac power invertors for tv projectors,dvd players etc....

its hard enough to use the search engine on these things and this would help put a needed category on this thing.

disclaimer...if i had the technological background and resources i would weld a 4 kilowat motor to my 99 dollar bike from walmart...fyi....

Right on top, It's called General Discussion.

yeah general discussion is good....but type bike lights in the search and you will see what i mean....the first page that pops up is basically people talking about traffic lights on buillds. and the led battery power meter populates the second most times... The emphasis is on controller motor combo,battery and frame. i didn't really read your frankenbike build but it looks like some serious technical talents were spent welding etc that thing....but probably not alot of detail on lights being wired what gauge of wire used, schematics of wiriing for non motor components,gps charging installed,phone charger installed,winch,stereo equipment,dc to ac power convertor,turn signals.... etc.... not knocking the site,or the build you did i thought it looked cool. i think its cool but the search engines are a little problematic. maybe that the real issue the silly search engine here....people will agree the site could use a trim specific area for lights gps cb stereo phone charging,,,,,yada yada....
i think priority should be spent on people discussing motor battery controller..but for someone(please note that i have read most of these builds in the past two years and enjoyed every on eof them)... who really doesn't want to read through a bunch of builds all of the time to find the person discusses just one sentence on a 100 post discussion...."oh by the way i got some cree lights..they are nice..i hooked them up to my battery" and then move on to much needed techincal detail of the meat and potatoes of the build....

if we could have just one spot for trim level basically that would be cool. general discusion is just to broad..
i enjoyt he site sorry if i offended you just giving you some postive feedback. if the trim level header is not added no big deal i will just go back to gas powered bikes and mopeds..(sorry just messing around) general discussion does encompass it but ask around i don't think i am the only one that believes the site could be more useful to have just a trim level header......now back to the 13000 post that have the word +bike and +light in them......

mountain biker said:
... phone charger installed,winch,stereo equipment,dc to ac power convertor,turn signals.... etc....

disclaimer...if i had the technological background and resources i would weld a 4 kilowat motor to my 99 dollar bike from walmart...fyi....
If (when) you build a powerful bike and ride it for a while, you're gonna be willing to trade your stereo and all the gadgets on your 'dash' for a better frame and rig, to handle the speed safe and sound. :wink:

i agree...frame, basic safety is number one importance. and i thank you for bringing that up. careful attention to overstreched rear and front dropouts need to be addressed first. frame. drive train in general. tires also. and ofcourse brakes. (its kinda funny though....how many times have you seen helmet reviews.....hardly ever,,,this is what i am considering trim level also)i totally agree. then maximizing your miles and understanding the range of the vehicle.
you are right there must be a compromise somewhere. not saying put a bluetooth stereo with music coming from your phone instead of putting in front brakes because you were shipped the wrong front hub wheel..etc...
and i didn't mean to compare other modes of transportation here and please disregard any perceived negative tone in these texts, but its not about giving up so to speak the idea of the "general disucssion" here was to add value to a bike that didn't come equipped with night lights or gps or any other level of trim...... and a viable way to keep these items charged etc...more detail info on tires would be cool too. it was to promote a channel just for trim level was the intention. but oh hell yeah i agree with you basic safety first.

The search does suck. But so do forums with so many categories that you need a search to find a category.

Some of the best solutions out there for lights, accessories power, etc come from Grin Technology.

Ur dead right about grin providing solutions...they are one of the few that sell single throttle with dual connectors for 2 controllers...two motors...very cool. ...

+1

Talking about finding something with the search funktion:

For example me: Im always searching for new things on the forum and for example a seat warmer would be nice to finde out of nowhere in a "E-Bike Special Parts"-Head. A new head for such things would organize the forum really much.

As always a little message drift. The OP was getting at the usefulness of a subsection, perhaps in Electric Vehicle Technology, for perhaps 'Accessories, Wiring, etc.' Not a half bad idea. In fact I could see the Cars, Bicycles, Motorcycles, etc., all wanting one in their own section.

Easy on the language about the moderators. For one thing that's not a simple matter changing the board scripts, they want to be sure first. Some of the posts are saying they're not sure the demand is there. You see the occasional post of wanting to put the stove on, etc., I rather think as the bikes become more trouble free there'll be more interest in doing more to them. (Yeah, adding NEW problems.) But we'll see how many people are interested now.

My "feelings" aren't easily bruised, I can take stern criticism, but...what should the mods do when a handful of posters say there needs to be another section added, and others say the entire place is getting too fractured?

If you really care about that issue, you might consider starting a poll.

Concerning the search function, I used to type-in a google search for endless-sphere results only, recently I tried the "Using Google search?" In the top right corner of this page, and it is faster (less typing) and gets the same results as a "site:endless-sphere.com" google search...just check the box before you hit the search button.

Ironic how this thread’s plopped into GD when there’s already a perfectly relevant category/header ready, willing and able:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=64385

Why even bother with categories/headers if the mob ignores them anyway?

I agree.....some one wants bury threads. ....what heading is that discussion in..... and since we are on this what bury battery box.thread.....

Sorry...why bury battery box thread and why is bewo motor mid drive thread listed as something like New mid drive motor....and previous bewo thread. Not listed under motors name....does admin not make a nickel off bewo drives...has spinning magnets done an evoke review of.bewo?

Just saying: There is a "edit" buttom on the left upper corner of your post. So you don´t have to write another new comment if you want to add something :)

-Cheers, Elias

Errr... say what?

"etc" kinda vague? I need more drink holders... how germane are we tapping about? Re vehicle "add ons" exactly.

The "Bewo" mid drive thread has the name that the original poster gave it. Clearly I can change the title at any time, but again...some ES members want me to change titles, and some ES members are angry when a mod changes anything. If I fix a link, or make any other changes, it's usually after a "private" message (PM) where I have asked permission, or the "Original Poster" (OP) has asked a mod to fix something.

If anyone has any other questions about why the mods around here do things that sometimes don't seem to make any sense...I am glad to answer any questions that anyone has.

ebike review of bewo motor...has spinning magnets done one yet?

Kiriakos GR has posted his review of this motor system for everyones benefit. I don't have one to test. He also refuses to change the title of his thread to include the Bewo name, but...I checked and the Bewo name shows up in Google searches whenever I need to find that thread...

`Twas interested in the "etc" in the thread Title I guess. :oops:

More "etc" made me test the ES Library re the phrase "trailer hitch". (Tapping about "etc" stuff to add.)

(Watt phrase lists LOTS of amusing stuff.)

... and turns up the "Widepath Camper Trailer":
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64586&p=969148

... and other... stuff:
1321977318_52820.jpg

(Thought about trailers and hitches turned up my thought at hauling 500lbs gross weight of rickshaw w/passengers, cargo, etc
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=57879

Pulled at slow speeds behind ebikes...

Now back to usual ES programming. (This post covered under "etc" in thread title.)

Back