What crashed E-S ?

footloose

10 kW
Got up this morning, brewed coffee, sat by fireplace, fired up iPad and took a look at E-S.
Message "SQL query can't read index table" or some such.
Uh oh, cold turkey time.

Jeez, left me me with no alternatives but to do something in "real" world :wink:

Took a bike ride (pedal bike), fixed outside lights, mocked up new battery box, spent some nice time with significant other.
Not bad outcome actually!

But would be interested to know what actually happened, and how it was fixed.

Id say the obvious answer was that sql died for some reason , but yea that's not much info.

I am guessing that because of the nature of ES the people managing the actual HW/SW volunteer their time and if that's so you do a fine job.
So you get what you get and the other 363 days of the year it's worked fine.

Noticed it was down this AM while at werq. Did not have time to play till I got home. It's up now and I seldom give it a though that there are several personages keeping things going and in order for us. So thanks to you who do so for doing the great job you do.

Was up when i got out of bed but shortly after the SQL errors started, updated the ES Status page, and emailed Justin, he got hold of MrVass and they got us back up and running !.. Thanks Guys !! 8)

Snow storm out here today, was pacing the house going bonkers without this place to keep my entertained all day lol...

I started the ES status page :
http://ypedal.com/ES/ES.htm

back in 2010 when the forum was going down regularly under previous management, instead of replying to dozens of emails every time, it made life easier. .. it's been in my signature ever since. I don't usually have it listed on my homepage but i did yesterday in hopes that anyone trying to contact me would see it.

Ypedal said:

back in 2010 when the forum was going down regularly under previous management, instead of replying to dozens of emails every time, it made life easier. .. it's been in my signature ever since. I don't usually have it listed on my homepage but i did yesterday in hopes that anyone trying to contact me would see it.

I strongly suggest every regular visitor bookmark that link.

I wish i could find out :) i'm a server admin and web developer by day so it's frustrating to see things crash like this.

One good note is that ES has been a hell of a lot more stable as of late.

Ypedal said:

back in 2010 when the forum was going down regularly under previous management, instead of replying to dozens of emails every time, it made life easier. .. it's been in my signature ever since.
D'oh! signature!

Frankly, the error message said the SQL server was ailing - I just emailed Justin and got back a prompt response... I guess looking at a status page would cut down on the traffic to Grin though....

Back