Where to mount camera on bike

recumbent

100 kW
The best video i get is when the camera is mounted on my body (holding it) to cushion the bumps, but never found a way to safely mount it, and where.

I've seen some mount it on the helmet, this seems like a good spot but might move around too much perhaps.

How about the upper chest area, but how do I secure it?

I can eventually find the best way through experimenting but was hoping some of you already have.

I though about wearing it around my neck with a lanyard, but it would jump around a lot.

I wondered about that, too. I know some people use "helmet cams" to do stuff like that. As far as I know, this is the best way to go.

Strapped to the chest works out fairly well. I made up something from a mini tripod, some zip-ties and a back pack. Basically I lashed the tripod to the straps on the backpack. Some kind of plastic plate with a right angle mount would have worked out better. Velcro would be handier that zip ties also. Someday I'll try making an improved model. The mini tripod gave me a threaded mount and a ball and socket to adjust the angle.

I zip-tied a unipod to the frame, and attached a small HD camera. It works well, with very little vibration, and in this position you can also include a speedo and a WattsUp in the frame.

eBikes-13.jpg

-- Gary

Back