Which CA2 for NOS BMC/Lyen setup?

ions82

100 W
I have had an NOS BMC V2T motor and Lyen controller (12-FET 4110) sitting in storage for ages. I got it from Mr. Brouk when E-bikes SF was still around. I'm FINALLY getting around to deploying the system, but I believe I need a Cycle Analyst V2 in order to run the system. For a Lyen controller with a CA input, is it mandatory to have one connected for it to function? The only CA2s I have on hand are the version that use an external shunt. They powered up, but the system didn't respond to throttle input. I thought that, perhaps, the controller is the kind with the on-board shunt, and the CA isn't configured for such. Do I need a DP or DPS version of CA2? I had all connections in place, so I'm thinking I may just need the right CA.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Should I consider a different configuration?

Here is what I know, you don't need the CA to ride the bike or get the controller working. CA only modifies the throttle input and monitors power and speed. Should be able to connect your throttle to the controller to see if it works.

The CA that uses the external shunt is just that and the other one uses the internal (controllers) shunt.

Could be a setting in the CA or something wrong with the controller. Try to connect a throttle to the controller to see if it works first then move on and try to get the CA working with it.

Thank you for the advice. I thought the same thing. I tried the controller with no CA, but I got no throttle response. I'll have to check all the leads with the throttle and make sure it's providing voltage. If I need to try a different controller, are there available options other than cheap/crappy stuff that is all over the web? I have a 6-fet 3077 controller I could try. Pulling this system out of the catacombs is like going back in time.

Have you contacted Mr Lyen? He has been very responsive to me, but it has been a while

Back