Which connectors should i use for the hall sensor wires?

jlustig83

10 W
Well, i took the white hall sensor connector off my 9c
so i could feed the wires through the torque arm. Now my
dog has got the connector and chewed the crap out of it, lol.
Which connectors should i use for the hall sensor wires on my
hub motor? Im just wonder what other people use that makes
it easy to get a torque arm on and off from feeding the wires
through it? thanks

Get anderson connectors from (POWERWERX.COM). get the same colors as the hall wires and thay will fit through the washers and torque arms if thay need to be removed. :mrgreen:

I bet either ebikes ca or ebikekit, or even Lyens would sell you the housing your dog chewed up. I've done without that housing a few times, just foolishly misplacing the dang thing after taking it off for the same reason. a bit of tape to cover the part of the contact that doesn't go into the other contact, match up the colors, and you're off and running. Till you get another connector housing. Use some extra tape if you live in the wet to cover the whole thing.

Another connector that will work is the JST type, which ebikes.ca uses on many things. I'd use a 2-pin for the hall power and a 3-pin for the hall signals, so that you can easily pull them thru the torque arm and the axle nut.

If you use Andersons, be sure to stagger the lengths of the hall leads so that each one is just ahead of or behind the next, like a stairstep, so you can get them thru the arm/nut easier. Then stagger the controller end of the cable in the opposite way, so they mate easily and stay that way without pulling apart.

Back