Which side to put spacers bbshd

I see most fitting videos putting spacers on the crank side but I have an 80mm bottom bracket so had to go for the 100mm bbshd so there's 20mm of spacers 8 in total so it puts the crank quite far out if they all on that side, can I put them on the pedal side? Should I put 4 each side to centralise the pedals? How far can the chain be out of line? Its quite a long chain being its a trike but don't want it coming off all the time. Tia

oldskoolhead said:
Yes it's 80mm it's a Jorvik fat trike, not a lot standard on it lol

If you're using 100mm on an 80mm shell, then if you used 10mm of spacers on each side to keep the cranks centered, then in theory a 10mm offset chainring would bring to something closer to the stock alignment.
https://ozo-electric.com/en/accessories-for-mid-drive-motors/747-bafang-bbshd-chainring-with-offset.html

I ended up having to put all the spacers on the pedal side as 4/4 the chain still came off, I probably could have got away with it only using the higher gears but I have a prosthetic leg so if I do end up having to pedal it I might need the higher gears, its mot really noticeable when using the pedals anyway as I don't do much pedaling lol

Back