Why is my hub motor skipping lightly when accelerating

recumbent

100 kW
Ever since i changed the front tire on my bike, the motor has been pulsating on acceleration?

Sort of like missing a beat, perhaps a hall sensor signal not getting a good connection.

Works wonderfull otherwise, if kept under 700watts. And when the motor skips a beat it's only here and there for a milisecond at a time. Even the top- speed is the same.

I cleaned and checked all the connections, the only thing left is recalibrate my Cycle Analyst for my new tire.

Is there any noise from the hub when it "skips" a beat?

Not sure why cycle analyst would give you trouble or could cause this issue - have you tried without cycle analyst to rule it out?

-Mike

Sure walks and quacks like a bad connection duck somewhere. The wonderfull thing about it is, it could easily have nothing to do with the tire changing. So look at everything on the bike.

mwkeefer said:
Is there any noise from the hub when it "skips" a beat?
- have you tried without cycle analyst to rule it out?

Yes it does make a noise, the familiar "thud" noise of a missed electrical pulse. Like the motor is cutting out for a millisecond. But works fine otherwise.

I've never unplugged the cycle Analyst, i thought it could be an current over-ride, perhaps trying to tone it down. Because it only happens over 1,000 watts.

Just wonderin if this will put strain on other components, which have over 8,000kms, or (5,000mi)

thud....sounds like a bad hall or connection to it

look for a rub/break where it goes in the hub/axle

Back