• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

WOOD STOVE OR ANYSTOVE ON BIKE

Hi....looking into wood stove mod for bike.
Benefit cooking. Heat.electricity. hot water.getting. rid of boxes. tailgating friendly.

How to install...maybe swinging arm off front bike...away from tire. .maybe only burn when biked stopped. Need swinging.folded arm for bottom as support....
Could be coal or propane or kerosene or napalm derivative. Gas diesel._
J8...anything okay....what is your idea..maybe put in backpack or side saddle. ....let us know it design....

Just get or make a lightweight rocket stove. I can't see any benefit to a giant stove attached to your bike..unless you are trolling? :roll:

You want small, compact, bbq all-in-one meal for a single person. Sealed can, with white gas. Basically any camping stove model that suits your fancy. Dont go extreme and eccentric by building a custom doohickey.

I like it....what is white gas and where can I get stove. ..does it provide electricity and water and cooking

does it provide electricity and water and cooking
I suppose it can

http://www.rei.com
http://www.mec.ca
http://www.calebs.com

basically any outdoors store. White gas, I dunno what it is precisely, just trying to sound like I know what Im talking about, I think I heard it on Extreme Everst or something, some special gas that can burn good at high altitude, but I think my train of thought was when I typed that that it burnt hotter or was better.
Heck just buy propane can, 1/4 gallon = 1L bottle. Or find electric. Water, you ever hear of a water bottle, or filters to use on a water source, like river, pond, or puddle.

Just cuz I am bored, and always editing my posts, I will make it easy for you, as I'd like it easy for me when I asked stupid questions.
http://www.rei.com/c/stoves?r=category%3Acamping-and-hiking|camp-kitchen|stoves&pagesize=90&ir=category%3Astoves&sort=max-price

I just cant stop thinking about a guy, who has multiple houses that he leases, sets up a call centre/office for each of the businesses in each of his leased houses, then rents out rooms in each house to offset his house leasing costs, who is probably making a profit off the room rentals, didnt bring the contract, no written receipt or whatever and made to text a short statement, but atleast he text address and amount. Still dont know his last name, he didnt want to see my ID, I could have said any last name. Then as I am handing him the remainder he states "Let me steal this from you", then punches in a code for me on the digital lock. Im still trying to figure out his issue, Child Maintenance issue, Tax Evasion, man on the run I dunno. Plus all his houses have a stove, so maybe you could put a stove on the trailer and have a cookout or a tailgate for your own roomies, shrimp, lobster and steak with some mashed parmesean patatoe and mushroom gravy.

When I lived in Seattle, a couple of my clubmates from Dead Baby Bikes converted a trike with a barbecue grill on the back, plus another trike with a beer keg on the back. Instant rolling fiesta.

I've poked around looking for a picture of that, but to no avail.

It sounds like you are in like flint
http://www.rei.com/product/897128/biolite-wood-burning-campstove-bundle
The Wood Burning CampStove Bundle includes a BioLite CampStove, portable grill, KettlePot and flexible LED light, letting you for grill, boil, cook and charge from your backcountry campsite.

There's no need to buy or carry heavy fuel canisters with this stove—simply collect twigs during your journey and burn them when you get to camp
Using patent-pending thermoelectric technology, the stove converts heat to electricity that charges an internal battery and powers a fan to increase the efficiency of the fire
Extra electricity can be used to charge small electronics like cell phones, headlamps and rechargeable batteries via the USB port; devices and charging cables sold separately
20 min. of charging with a strong fire gives you about 1 hr. of talk time; charging times vary by device as well as by the strength of the fire

During a full burn, the CampStove can boil 1 liter of water in as little as 4 min. 30 sec.; place your pot or pan on the built-in pot support
Use the portable grill to turn your BioLite CampStove into a wood-burning grill that you can cook your favorite foods on
Steel grill surface fits up to 4 hamburger patties or 6 hotdogs; high, medium and low temperature zones help you grill your foods to perfection
Stoke the fire in the CampStove by simply flipping open the fuel intake lid on the grill and adding more wood; fueling the fire won't interrupt your grilling
Compact, portable design features folding legs and a durable plastic travel cover so you can take the grill anywhere
Stainless-steel KettlePot lets you make all your camp meals with a single piece of cookware, and it doubles as a carrying case to protect your CampStove
Thin, durable stainless-steel pot is lightweight and it won't scratch when you're using metal utensils
Heat shield on the bottom protects the stove's flames from wind and concentrates them for fast cooking times
BPA-free kettle lid can be used as a cover when you're cooking or you can snap it on tight to pour liquids safely and easily
Included serving bowl nests neatly in the bottom of the KettlePot when not in use; silicone-coated foldout handles stay cool for easy handling
Included portable and pliable USB FlexLight is a fast and easy way to provide functional task lighting; produces 100 lumens of light
Turn the light on with the tap of a finger; touch and hold to dim easily to desired levels; works with any USB port, including those on the BioLite CampStove

Imported.

It'd be good to know what the charge rate is, maybe up the battery size with some HK Lipos ;) :lol:

Yeah....it's probably a guess because it's based Peltier unit which is subject to amount of heat. But the add says 20 minutes is one hour talk time...sounds plausible...wall charger I s about same...5 volts 1 amp...5watts..with phone off and 20 minutes could give u an hour of talk time...eBay has a bunch of them various cell phone sized for.about 4 bucks..quoting around 4 volts and one third of an amp around 300 degrees... these things can be used as heater or cooler depending on input...they are used in 100 dollar car.coolers.....u know the kind leave it plugged in and it wrecks a car battery,... they need no ice.....
I think the inputs and efficiency are kind of ridiculous..... I mean u need a 300 degree heat difference for six hours to charge an iPhone...but in wood stove world it is doable..,.these Peltier generators is found on some wood stove fans..they are like above energy specs..

Sorry.....Lol...lifepo4 sure...4volts 100milligrams....what is that...one fourth of a watt....4 hours one watt....24 volt 10ah....240watts hour........240 times 4. ...960 hours of stove time...wow....so like 6 pickup trucks of wood to charge battery

Mmmkay yeah, a woodstove on a bike. . . . :lol:

get a rocket stove, or a little propane burner?

recharging batteries offgrid and portably may be a toss-up in weight/cost for solar vs gas/woodgas powered genny.

[youtube]fYGmknFZggc[/youtube]
[youtube]8Ag6LoqcVsM[/youtube]

but direct woodgas powered vehicles are prett cool, and a bike would be the paramount imo. Kudos to you if yur crazy enough to pull it off :D

ON A BIKE :D

Teg is style if generator..thermal electric generator thermal.....devil watts is a company name 50 watts water cooled..can pump through to water heater......magnetic coupling...what's that called hydronic heating.....run pipes inside tubing of bike. Or outside....

Omg.......nice....gasification...4000f bbq party..well since it's smokeless stealth is there....
Also potential to make gas for ICE.....I like it....btu production would not be an issue.....TEG power would be enough to power bike....
Ahhh.....gas smoke through carb..okay let's do this...I guess steel frame only.no carbon or aluminum.
U know coffee can size unit could power your bike.provide heat. And produce gasoline or jet fuel.....
So are you looking for front basket or rear basket mount

Back