• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Yuba Mundo Electric. The pack horse.

Kiwi

1 kW
This will be a backwards post, I will show you the end result fisrt, and the build story later.

Yuba Mundo Cargo bike.
Crytalyte 5305
Crystalyte 72v 40a controller
Batteries 72v 15ah 30amp cont, 40 peak
Cycle analyst.

Onboard chargers.
Top speed 56km/h

We have had two adults and 2 kids on board and gone up hills you would struggle to ride a conventional bike by your self.
Goes great on the flat, easily keep up with the traffic around town.

There are 2 bikes here, the one with the disk on the front is our bike, the tidy looking one I built and sold to a family.

PICT0202.jpg

PICT0132.jpg

PICT0181.jpg

PICT0192.jpg

PICT0200.jpg

PICT0107.jpg

PICT0196.jpg

Hey - what great looking & cool bikes. They really have presence & style.

Nice build. Super clean. :D I've been lookin at the Yuba. How's the 5305 treating ya?

Kiwi,

The Yuba Mundo is the bike I'd decided on for a conversion to a serious backroad hill climber, so I'm very interested in the details of your build. Also, can you tell me more about the bike's performance on hills? Did you consider a non-hub drive?

thanks,
Carl

The bike climbs very well, with one person you will keep up with cars on a windy climb. With 2 extra kids it slows to about 15-20kmph and you help keep the speed with some pedaling. With 2 adults and 2 kids (170kg) it slows to about 10-15km/hr and you work hard on the pedals to help it along. We are talking hills you would be in your lowest gear on a conventional mountain bike. The motor is hot to touch at the end of a 10 minute climb.

I have though about a non hub motor, but I think that the torque you need to climb will destroy a bicycle drive train in no time.
You would need to use a heavy chain and sprockets.

Back