Why I need PAS

More than you need pas, you need a mid drive or a really big hub. :mrgreen:

I have a DD motor, PAS and regen, it's only a 1/4 mile up. For that I would use my throttle with mid range power and pull it just fine.
Modeled a CL 3540 it took 3.5 mins to get hot with out FF Which I have 5ml.

Mijor-17grade.png

I would be pedaling and think I could manage 200w for 3 mins.

That's "in quarter of a mile" not "for quarter of a mile".
Just so you know.

I got up it with my generic geared 250W hub motor, and a limit of 500W on the CA. Speed approx 4mph.

:lol: I know. Don't have anything like that climb around here. My setup would not be legal there. I use PAS and run around 150w or less. Have a digital switch to up the power. Don't like to run it up and down for hills. I set up a 3 way switch to limit power to the motor and keep it around 1000w for the hills around here. I just keep peddling and hit the throttle, when at the top and let go of the throttle it reverts back to PAS.

You may know this but DD hubs do well at 10-15 mph/16-24 kph up hills. just figure out how much power you can use with out over heating and you make up the difference to keep the speed up. That hill will make anything hot. Just keep an eye on tempter.

A mid drive where you could use the gears on the bike would work well and not heat up.

Back