Hi, I need help choosing a battery.

caseylain

1 mW
So I am looking at 2 batteries that are almost Identical on Aliexpress. They're both 52v 35ah Triangle batteries made from Samsung 35e cells. However one has a bms rated for 40 amps continuous and the other is rated for 50 amps continuous. My Controller is rated for 45 amps.

Seems like a simple choice but it isn't. The 40 amp one is a smart bms with bluetooth and the seller is truthworthy. The other batteries seller has a high rating but not nearly as many ratings. Also their name is gibberish, which is never a good sign. Lastly, my 45 amp controller is programmable. I could limit amps to 40 to match the bluetooth bms.

BUT, I've read in multiple places you want a BMS that exceeds your controller rating with room to spare. Downtuning my controller to match a bms doesn't sound ideal. Also, my current battery is 2 30 amp packs in parallel, giving me a 60a limit that I've grown accustomed too.

So which one would you guys go for?

I would only focus on the quality of the cells and the maker's build quality

ignoring the BMS as most likely rubish not worth keeping anyway.

Really I would not buy from a random seller anyway, only from a source well recommended by someone I trust.

Saving 50% and getting something only 20% as good is not saving money.

Ok that makes sense. I was thinking about buying from the better seller and replacing the BMS with a better one anyway. I definitely want a smart bluetooth bms (if only because Im a nerd) but I want at least 60 amps continuous to be safe. As long as the pack comes with Samsung 35e cells it should be good.

caseylain said:
As long as the pack comes with Samsung 35e cells it should be good.
Let them know if they turn out not to be genuine you'll be taking action.

And ideally be ready to cycle/load test immediately on receipt.

Back