• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

10% off on one ebay item using paypal until 10/30

jules

100 mW
I logged in today and found the notice below. Now's the chance to get the kit or battery you want at a reduced price.

10% off*—save up to $100

Redemption Code: CFALLSAVINGS10P

Please note:
Make sure the email address on your eBay account is also on your PayPal account.
Find out how.

Who's eligible?
Only invited, registered eBay users who receive the coupon by email from us or see the coupon in My eBay are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—the coupon is not transferable See terms and conditions below.

Here's how to redeem this offer:
1. Start shopping on eBay. Be sure the seller accepts PayPal.
2. Pay for your item with PayPal before the expiration date (October 30, 2008). Make sure the email address on your eBay account is also on your PayPal account. Find out how.)
3. Enter the redemption code: CFALLSAVINGS10P
*Terms and Conditions:
The offer will expire at 11:59:59 PM PT on October 30, 2008. Receive 10% off (maximum discount of $100) the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of a single item on eBay.com. Recipients of the coupon must be registered eBay members and pay for the item with PayPal.

The coupon is non-transferable, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, for one-time use only, and has no face value. The coupon is subject to U.S. laws and cannot be combined with any other coupon. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the coupon at any time. Use of automated devices or programs to redeem the coupon is prohibited.

Purchases made through any customized checkout system and/or eBay Live Auctions are excluded.

That's a nice coupon. Unfortuantely it doesn't work on my paypal account but I've used them in the past (as you note, the coupon only works for those who got the email). You can stack this with the 30% live.com cash back promotion to get a killer deal on an ebay battery. I noticed in another thread you were looking for a ping battery. Here is a great opportunity and it won't last long: http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6999

Tom said:
That's a nice coupon. Unfortuantely it doesn't work on my paypal account but I've used them in the past (as you note, the coupon only works for those who got the email). You can stack this with the 30% live.com cash back promotion to get a killer deal on an ebay battery. I noticed in another thread you were looking for a ping battery. Here is a great opportunity and it won't last long: http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6999

Dang it, I have tried a bunch of different ways to get it to show up in ebay but it's not offering me the deal although it shows up in searches.

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=lifepo4&go=&form=QBRE

I've also tried other searches. I'll keep checking that though.

This worked for me but the vendor didn't use paypal checkout so no discount on what I wanted. Limit on discount is now $200 per item max.

Open firefox , go to live.com .. type anything that will show the 30% eBay sponsored link .. press 'ctrl' on you keyboard and go on clicking the link .. one of the numerous tabs that open will have the 30% banner page. enjoy.

Sturdly said:
This worked for me but the vendor didn't use paypal checkout so no discount on what I wanted. Limit on discount is now $200 per item max.

Open firefox , go to live.com .. type anything that will show the 30% eBay sponsored link .. press 'ctrl' on you keyboard and go on clicking the link .. one of the numerous tabs that open will have the 30% banner page. enjoy.

It worked for me several weeks ago when the discount was low and I wasn't ready to buy...I've tried in 4 browsers now. I use Fx and was not signed into ebay at first but then signed in to see if it helped. I tried restarting browsers. I've tried it using different search terms too and although I can see the ebay link on live.com, there is no green cashback notice @ the top of ebay like this:

ebayjy4.jpg

screenprints from my attempts: http://flickr.com/photos/mundobizarro/tags/livesearchcashbackpromo/ (my blackberry attempt brought up a mobile screen that didn't include sponsored links)

Had no problem last night but just tried it and it looks like ebay is having problems right now. Sometimes the 30% off banner shows up, sometimes it doesn't. It seems to be intermittent. If you don't see the cash back banner at the top of your screen at ebay, clear your browser cookies, close your browser, and try again. I've seen this happen before on weekends. You might have to wait a bit for the traffic jam to die down.

Back