2 wheel drive conversion

tony5haw2013

10 mW
Looking to replace the motor and controller on my inokim quick 3, while im doing so i wondered how much harder it would be to fit a motor up front too. Cant see why it wouldnt work.

My question is would the 2 motors need to be in sync or anything like that? Or could i just hook them up and both would run together fine? My worry is one would spin faster than the other and put strain on the motor that is slowest. Does this make sense?

Would be amazing to have 2 1000w motors!

Anyway i am going to start to find the right parts soon, only thing i know i want is electric braking also as its the most ideal setup. One hydraulic rear disc and then 2 E brakes.

Any input? Feel free to try and shoot me down as i want criticism to make sure i have thought of everything

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'd recommend looking at the various 2WD and AWD threads for ways you can set it up. Most of them have one of those two abbreviations in the title.

There are also quite a few threads on various forms of regen braking, plug braking, regenerative braking, etc., that may give you ideas on how it can work (not all systems are the same, every controller is different in method and amount (and if it even has the ability)).

Next, you can go to http://ebikes.ca/simulator and play with various 2WD setups. First read the entire page so you know how it works, and then try different things to see what they do.

BTW, you will want a physical brake in front more than in the rear, as the front is your main brake. If the electric system fails for any reason, you do not want to lose the front brake.

Cheers amberwolf, its a good start. Il start reading up some. My main concern is the lacl of small hub motors i seem to be seeing. All seem to be for mountain bikes or mopeds.

I will have a look over the threads mentioned first of all.

Thanks

The scooter has 8" wheels I believe, i need to get them off and measure up the sizes to see whats compatible but from what i see on most sides the wheels are mainly intended for spoked usage

The scooter in question. Inokim quick 3
09df640d1e95d39fcbacd8f717718dfd.jpg

There are small hubmotors meant specifically for these scooters. There's a number of threads in the standup scooters / etc subforum about various scooters and skateboards that use hubmotors around that size; you may be able to use whatever they used.

Alternately, you can see if one of the various hoverboard type motors will fit, and repurpose one of those devices (each has two motor wheels).

Goldenmotor makes small hubmotors that might work too.

Thanks for that, the most i can find are 300w or similar and im looking to get something around 1000w. Theres plenty on AliExpress from china but not sure i trust the quality. But then again i bet most parts for these are from china anyway

Back