2005 giant dh comp

alan c

10 W
Hi I have a 2005 giant dh comp frame and forks. It didnt come with a bottom bracket or cranks. Could anyone tell me what sort of bottom bracket and cranks I need as I dont know much about dh bikes .There different than the older style bikes I allready have the kiwi dropouts and a 5404 and an 18 fet controller just need a few more bits and Ill start the build thanks :twisted:

Hi Alan,

Sorry I can't help you with the type of bottom bracket, although mine looks relatively standard to me (the bottom bracket I mean - the cranks/chainring are DH cranks obviously). Maybe go post on the DH comp thread and ask over there. I just got one myself off ebay (courier turned up with it today), will be using Kiwi's drop out adaptors as well. Looks like it is going to be an awesome platform. Best of luck with it mate, Cheers, Phil.

Good to hear the trike is going well. That must be nuts. I found it scary enough on 12S. Something about being that close to the ground.

I can also confirm it's 100mm BB you'll need. I had to replace mine as the previous owner was an idiot and only had an 83mm cranks. You can imagine the problem with the splines not locking together

Hears one for 35 bucks but I don't know the specifics of your type of cranks.
otherDoc

http://www.cycleclubsports.com/p-20958-raceface-team-dh-x-type-external-bottom-bracket-100mm.aspx?cagpspn=pla&gclid=CJeCyrKDx7ICFQs3nAod8z8ARg

Whoops! Just saw the aussie stuff. Shipping will be more that the product.

Giant DH Comp/Team use 100mm ISIS BB, I don't if you can use other BB.
You have to know first what kind of thread they are using for BB e.g BSA, Italian, English etc...

Back