2400 Watt EGO Kit: 43mph crankset

Lemlux

100 W
Is anyone familiar with this German (edit: Austrian per a later post) company's kits? They include a freewheeling crank set (pedelec optional) with room for two chainrings to the rear and a 44t chainring to the motor. 48V with controller designed to be mounted in front of handlebars.

Upt to 43mph "depending upon your bike setup"

http://www.ego-kits.com/en/ego-kits/

I just noticed that icargobikes in Orange County, Ca. is starting to sell them.

http://www.icargobike.com/product_p/ego.htm

slick setup, but I question whether or not the motor would hold up to downhill/freeride abuse. Pretty much just a hopped up cyclone kit.

Brentis said:
You tube it,
A couple of great vid's.
IIRC 1500euro

That's very reasonable. Does that include the bike? Perhaps you omitted a zero. :mrgreen:

Edit: I think I have misunderstood. It is just the motor and the crankset. :oops:

lol all of this is downhill and those guys cold probably jump way bigger stuff and go faster without motor. Actually I doubt that all the bikes shown in the vid have a motor! They are missing the point, those bikes should be used in slopestyle or enduro, not DH... snapped frame at 1.01?
The motor looks a lot like a cyclone to me!! but mounting hardware is quite nice ;)

can somebody explain to me how do they get 1200W with 70kph out of 48V/12A battery?
and that is 8kg on your back.

That looks just like the cyclone kit on my kona ,apart from the bracket and that lovely little controller,with some peddle assist I would think 40mph wouldnt be hard to achieve.cyclone kit minus battery about £350 uk

slafko76 said:
can somebody explain to me how do they get 1200W with 70kph out of 48V/12A battery?
and that is 8kg on your back.

If you look again, it is a 48v 12.5 amp hour battery. Not 12 amp battery. I got 5000w out of a 44.4v 11.6 amp hour lipo set up with my old brushed motor and 100 amp controller. I now see 3000w from the same batteries with a cyclone motor and 12 fet lyen controller set to 40 amps.

Clay

I believe that these kits are $3,000 US.

The battery is, I believe, Lithium Manganese, so it should weight something like 8-10lb for 500wh... I have not seen any actual stats on the weight of the battery but it should be in that ballpark.

Aside from the fact that the crank is typically unprotected in these setups, they are generally more or less superior for DH/FR type riding. All of the motor weight is suspended, and very low to the ground. Also centered (more or less) on the bike. Overall should be very good, compared to hub motors.

For people such as us, who like to tear stuff down and setup our own way, the battery can always be mounted on the frame. In fact it'd be rather simple, given that Lith Manganese batteries are so dense.

I still have not had the chance to ride an EGO kit firsthand, but maybe I should stop by this Orange County dealer and see if they have a demo bike.

Does not look like these people are going 43 mph on just the motor though :/

and $3000 seems to be a bit much... unless it makes me a smoothie on the ride up the hill :twisted: lol
bzhwindtalker said:
The motor looks a lot like a cyclone to me!! but mounting hardware is quite nice
bz does prove a point... the mounting hardware IS nice

Hehe, it cost 315 Pounds, its a right! price :mrgreen:

But cool, I will consider buying a kit like ego instead of the stealth b

it is the a Cyclone motor kit... saee cyclone Motor TW. I have two of them...VERY good motors..a bit noisy but reliable I run one with 44v20amp lipo..Lyen 48v,40amp controller and a Nuvinci 360 hub :mrgreen:

Redstarr said:
andrenoites said:

Cool!

Do you have a youtube video of it?
hi matey ,i have the AFT kit it is an upgraded cyclone with ceramic bearings,oil instead of grease in the reduction gears,heavy duty cooling fins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFMZi7ToumE
this vid was done on the small 34 tooth chainring so no high speeds
darren

Back