26650 solderless packs

myzter

1 kW
Im doing this because I dont have welding devices.. and its too hot in my 33 degree lab to create any more heat..

small test build with 26650 cells these are 5500mah
make them single cell voltage and paralleled for capacity
266501a[1].jpg
26650b[1].jpg

combination of 3-4 types of tape.. tuck tape/foil tape for tight fit areas, but need black tape to insulate and something wide and tacky to hold together before binding..

series 3 for 12V battery that runs 150Watt DC/AC inverter for powering a trading desk..
Using it all right now to type this post
4k laptop, USB 4k -16" screen, & 4k - 43" screen (lab)/ (4k - 25" mobile) .. with solar during day (wires from top)
20230807_104722.jpg

This is my 2nd good attempt... I posted my 1st trial here few years ago, that pack is still together but not used...
Now Im going bigger 26650 - 6200mah cells for my bike pack..
ordered about 30 cells to begin.. later this week/

so far.. while I dont need to for low power usage, Iam going to add a more rigid cross piece (thicker wood) across top/bottom of paralleled cells before strapping together.. the connection is really good.. but I can squeeze with my hands to pull extra 1A.. for larger packs.. we will try to minimize this as we go//

Great engineering..
But how do you install DC plugs or just connect the wires without soldering? Any good methods?

Great engineering..
But how do you install DC plugs or just connect the wires without soldering? Any good methods?
ya would like to find a DIY solderless plug/contact solution.. tho soldering plugs alot easier than to cells...lol
in the mean time, I use alligator clips, clamps or plain wire & electrical tape..

But seriously, when the summer is over... get a soldering iron. You'll save a ton of time and money not having to invent all these ways of holding stuff together :)

But seriously, when the summer is over... get a soldering iron. You'll save a ton of time and money not having to invent all these ways of holding stuff together :)
um never said my goal was to save money or time// incase ur not aware.. Iam an inventor this is a forum for pepo who do things.. not chat them out of it//

OK, i suspected you have some other goals besides just making a battery so sorry for mentioning the soldering thing at all.

Back