37" Dusters Cruiser Build

psychotiller

10 kW
I started going through spare parts this week and decided to make a Christmas Build. All said and done, the actual build only took about 2 hours :lol:
The only part I purchased was the deck from a local skate shop. I liked the shape and especially liked the robust clear coat grip that was laid over nice artwork.
Our daughter's friend (also our babysitter for my boys) has told me several times that she is going to buy a board from me someday. Well, Let's just say I lost her as a customer today! Merry Christmas Logan!
LogansRig6.jpg

Duster 37" cruiser
Caliber 44's
Seismic Speedvents
Cast resin 32t Wheel pulley
17T motor pulley
Belt tensioner
Psychotiller 1st gen motor mount
Turnigy 290kv G160
Castle Mamba Monster 120a ESC
Two 3s 8ah Batteries in series
Wiimote
Nyko Kama
Mini Paint Tray Enclosure
View attachment 4
LogansRig1.jpg
LogansRig2.jpg
View attachment 1

stuxtruth said:
Where did you get that enclosure

Yuuuup as Cmatson said I made it. Need one? Let mee know!

randyc1 said:
How does that tensioner work , where is it from ??
Thanks.

This tensioner screws into my motor mount. I made it. I make adjustments by changing the size of the bearings. Right now there are 2 8x16mm bearings on there.

First off: Way to go on the gift for one of the most important people in your life... the one watching your kids. You are a good dude!

Couple of questions:

1. How are you attaching the wheel pulley to the wheel?
2. Does the tensioner help/hinder slip issues or braking?

I have tried 7mm belt setups and 15mm belt setups.... for now it's 15mm for me or nothing. The 7mm setup seemed to want to slip a lot more. I was wondering if adding a tensioner to my 7mm setup would eliminate the slipping.

Great work PsychoT!

verruckt said:
First off: Way to go on the gift for one of the most important people in your life... the one watching your kids. You are a good dude!

Couple of questions:

I have tried 7mm belt setups and 15mm belt setups.... for now it's 15mm for me or nothing. The 7mm setup seemed to want to slip a lot more. I was wondering if adding a tensioner to my 7mm setup would eliminate the slipping.
What size motor pulley do you use?

Great work PsychoT!

randyc1 said:
verruckt said:

Couple of questions:

What size motor pulley do you use?

Great work PsychoT!

Thanks!

The pulley hub works with two 8x16mm bearings and slips into the speedvent hub. The out side of the speendvent hub uses a normal 608 bearing. You drill your wheel pulley to match the holes on the hub and screw it into place. Then when you bolt your wheel onto the truck it clamps the hub into place. It was a one off design I had milled. Worked really well but, I'm not that fond of the speedvents so I didn't make any more. Originally my intention was to use this hub for any wheel. If I made the 4 spikes sharp I'm sure it would work without having to do drill throughs on your wheels.

A tensioner would definitely help but, I'm not sure it would eliminate slip when braking. 15mm belts are the way to go if you have room for them.

On a side note, I'm considering offering the tensioner option on my mounts.

Here are some pics of that pulley hub:
16mm wheelhub3.jpg
View attachment 1
16mm wheelhub1.jpg

Thanks!

The pulley hub works with two 8x16mm bearings and slips into the speedvent hub. The out side of the speendvent hub uses a normal 608 bearing. You drill your wheel pulley to match the holes on the hub and screw it into place. Then when you bolt your wheel onto the truck it clamps the hub into place. It was a one off design I had milled. Worked really well but, I'm not that fond of the speedvents so I didn't make any more. Originally my intention was to use this hub for any wheel. If I made the 4 spikes sharp I'm sure it would work without having to do drill throughs on your wheels.

A tensioner would definitely help but, I'm not sure it would eliminate slip when braking. 15mm belts are the way to go if you have room for them.

On a side note, I'm considering offering the tensioner option on my mounts.

Here are some pics of that pulley hub:
View attachment 2
View attachment 1

Awesome... I am not a fan of Speed Vents or any other large cored wheel due to a more harsh ride quality. I use 76mm 75a Abec 11 Gumballs on my Red Rock LaGrange setup, and I have yet to find a wheel that gives a cushier/smoother ride. Even my 90mm 75a Flywheels do not compare. The Flywheels roll over everything, but they still don't have the urethane depth which dampens vibration like the Gumballs. 73a 3dm Avilas would be great too, but would have to be trimmed (they are too wide).

I really like your idea... if you could pull off a universal wheel hub adapter that would be epic - even if that meant using epoxy to permanently attach the adapter to the wheel (a la Red Rock LaGrange system).

Thanks for all of the innovation you bring to this board. You are one of the guys moving the tech forward.

torqueboards said:
I wonder of the Otang Kegels compare to the Gumballs you mention. The Kegel 80a's are pretty soft. Haven't ridden them actually wish they had a 90mm option!

The Kegels are my GO TO! Super cushy ride and amazingly durable.

verruckt said:
I really like your idea... if you could pull off a universal wheel hub adapter that would be epic - even if that meant using epoxy to permanently attach the adapter to the wheel (a la Red Rock LaGrange system).

I'm definitely for a universal pulley hub! The thing that held that design back was that with the lip shape of different wheels and the difference in depth to the center of the wheel hub in all of the different wheels...Maybe it's time to revisit this design? 8)

Back