3rd build- Custom FS Longtail (New & Improved)

Looks a lot better, great job! What was wrong with the first one? Looks like you scrapped it to the side in the first picture.

Great job, I can see a custom frame in my future as soon as I can weld.

iovaykind said:
Looks a lot better, great job! What was wrong with the first one? Looks like you scrapped it to the side in the first picture.
The rake angle was too slack and the frame shape too awkward and long. Also wanted to integrate easier access to batteries.

I like your design so much so that I am starting to get a few bits and pieces together to start building a frame on those lines. Can you tell me what size is the angle iron? If you were going to build another frame, would you go any lighter in the steel you used? Does the frame flex at all or is it nice and stiff? Is there any chance of you taking some close-up photos of the bottom bracket and swing arm area to see how you built it?

XLR8 said:
I like your design so much so that I am starting to get a few bits and pieces together to start building a frame on those lines. Can you tell me what size is the angle iron? If you were going to build another frame, would you go any lighter in the steel you used? Does the frame flex at all or is it nice and stiff? Is there any chance of you taking some close-up photos of the bottom bracket and swing arm area to see how you built it?
Thanks XLR8, There is no noticable flex, if I could get 3/32" I would try it. 1/16" would probably be too weak, because this is mild steel. The hardest thing is modifying a swing arm, I can't seem to be able to source suitable pivot hardware. So you need a donor swing arm. I'll post more pics.
- Mark

Back