4mm bullet ? 10AWG

mxer

1 kW
How frustrating!!!... Just got everything together to have a night of soldering and fail at the first hurdle :cry:

ordered some 6 cell Turnigy's 5ah and the description say's "comes with "4mm Bullet connectors"... So i ordered a load of 4mm (different vendor) bullets, to find they do not fit :evil:

Pretty gutted really as i have now cut the original bullets (thinking i could just use mine) off my lipo's to fit mine i had ordered and now the wire is to thick to fit in the bullet hole...

even my p45 andersons are to small :roll: the gauge on the lipo's are 10awg...

Are there many different types of 4mm bullet ? or are these 5mm ?? can't seem to find any that will fit the original lipo bullets ??

Gutted :evil: :evil: :evil:

P1000126.jpg

P1000125.jpg

there was another thread on this subject earlier. Some shaved the wire insulation, others stripped it just enough to clear the housing, then put heat shrink on the end. the heat shrink should then at least fit into the housings.

I've run into some incompatibility with 4 mm bullet housings, but nothing that completely prevented them working with each other.

Unreal really, the bullets are 4mm and fit each other, it's the housing's that are incompatable (But i couldn't get the 10awg wire in the hole anyway) :roll: ...

Managed to get round it by soldering some 12awg wire of the original 10awg wire on the Lipo, Im not happy with it tho, just looks a bit of a bodge really, have heat shrunk it and extra insulation just incase...

If anyone know's where to get some HXT bullets that are compatable with the HK Turnigy packs that the 10awg wire goes into i'm all ears, UK would be nice because i only need two pairs :roll: Thanks all, and as alway's Dogman, Thanks buddy your alway's there :D

Well I use 4mm bullets:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=67
they are a perfect fit for: (they are exact same ones)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9283
All bullets above is same one that sits in turnigy from factory

All fits nice(you have to fiddle a bit so the wire goes THROUGH connector) with my turnigy 10AWG wires

Attachments

• DSC00478.JPG
    DSC00478.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 3,239
  • DSC00438small.jpg
    DSC00438small.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 3,232
Maybe it's the turnigy 10awg wire?

You sure it's not 8awg?

Hrm....I just ordered a bunch of turnigy silicone 10awg wire...i hope it fits in 45A andersons...

The 10awg wire i got at home depot works fine with them...

The Turnigy 10AWG wire has always worked perfectly with the 4mm bullet connectors & housings for me. I just shave off around the insulation on the end so it's tapered a little bit, this makes it possible to push through the housings without having to strip it all of the way back. The wire fits fine (a little snugly) through the housings, it's just getting it started in there that's the part that requires a little work.

The Anderson Power Poles you are using appear to be the 30A variety. You need the 45A contacts to fit 10 AWG, and its a tight squeeze. The shell is the same for both contacts.

I've heard of 10 AWG not fitting into some 4MM bullets. It wasn't an issue on mine, but some people claim there is no way it fits.

ZOMGVTEK said:
The Anderson Power Poles you are using appear to be the 30A variety. You need the 45A contacts to fit 10 AWG, and its a tight squeeze. The shell is the same for both contacts.

I've heard of 10 AWG not fitting into some 4MM bullets. It wasn't an issue on mine, but some people claim there is no way it fits.

Thanks :) Thought I was going crazy there for a minute...the PP45 contacts are for 10awg wire.

http://www.powerwerx.com/anderson-p...cts/261G2-lpbk-45-amp-powerpole-contacts.html

Yeah, I think mine are the 30amp Anderson connectors then :roll: Just hope the bullets iv'e got comming from HK fit my 10awg wire :D

Must be an issue, Just found an UK ebay seller that states "Fit's Turnigy Bullets" and "10awg wire".....

Happy now, Thanks all...

I was going to use Dean's on all the batteries, so I snip them(4mm) off and put Dean's on. Now I wanted to go back on one of the packs (Turnigy 4s 4.5a) to 4mm , like it original came. After unsoldering one Dean tab, and trying to put the 12 gauge into a 4mm housing, (I didn't tried shaving any of the wire), but it wouldn't go into the 4mm housing, so I resolder it to the Dean tab again. I may tried again, this time shaving some of the strands of wire, so it fits the 4mm. I got all the different 4mm packs from HK. Some of the female plugs would not go into the housing easily, really tight. just my 2 cents worth....

To be honest with you guys Turnigy 10G wire is more like 11g. Its just small enough to allow you to feed it through the housing. If i try to use Turnigy bullets with EP Buddy wire 10G its a no go situation. The only way it fits is if you peel the insulation back and it gets really messy and amatur and unprofessional looking. The insulation and wire crossection is slightly larger than the Turnigy 10G.

So i think Turnigy has 2 Versions of the 4mm bullet but is only selling 1 of them to the public.

The way that ive been able to get my EP Buddy 10G it to 4mm bullets is that I have a RC shop vendor that clips 4mm bullets off of Turnigy packs. I press the contacts out desolder the wire from them and put the EP buddy wire into them and tap them back into the housing. These bullets have a larger mouth and accept up to 8G with the housing and 6g without the housing. These are a bright red/orange and slightly clear while the Hobby King HXT bullets are a deep red and made out of a totally different plastic. Also the bullets I use are rear loading I can solder the contact and push it into the back of the bullet vs the HXT bullets where you have to load the wire through housing and then solder you bullet on and pull it back into the housing.

I have not been able to find the bullets i use through retail outlets and with my business using a large amounts Ive exhausted my source. I bought 300 sets a few months ago on my reorder he was only able to supply 80. It looks like im going to have to use similar raw contacts without the housing and use heat shrink shroud to protect the contacts. I could order 10G from hobbyking but its so not worth it unless i buy a crap load in bulk and sit on it which im not in the financial situation to do.. I may be forced to drop back down to using 12G on the packs instead of my new standard for the past few months of using 10G.

PP45 fits 8G if you want it to and i dont mean by clipping strands to make it fit... 8G fits pp45 using a crimper and it looks nice.

Attachments

• 396988_10150470678356073_715006072_8840379_399937539_n (Custom).jpg
    396988_10150470678356073_715006072_8840379_399937539_n (Custom).jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 3,044
  • 398048_10150470670401073_715006072_8840364_1292762657_n (Custom).jpg
    398048_10150470670401073_715006072_8840364_1292762657_n (Custom).jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 3,044
Back