5304 motor on a 26" Hybrid CCM bike with 1.5" rim

efreak

100 W
Hi,
I am planning on converting my wife's bike which is a CCM commuter friendly(name) hybrid crossover bike with skinny rims but it looks like the nolly suspension fork is capable of accepting a regular 2" wide 26" tire any thoughts or sugestions on this before i order the motor??

thanks
efreak

Thanks gaston
so it will fit the space just check for clearences?!

I know but Gary has been using it and I have 2 bikes here that are front suspension forks i thought maybe i 'll try it plus it makes it easier s far keeping the bikes gearing system intact for when you peddle.

i ll try to take some pics and measurment.

efreak

I've got a 2.125" tire on an araya "1.5 inch" wide rim. I mean thats whats stamped on it, but the bead to bead width is no where near that. Less than an inch actually. Seems fine so far. I played it safe, I think I could have gone a little wider and still fit the frame. Bike came with 26x1.5 originally. I bet you'll be fine with street tires. I did try a 1.9 tire with huge side knobs that I had some clearance issues with on the same bike so tire design plays a part also.

thnaks Ice man ,

That is good to know i would be using the tires rated for high speed street riding .
it looks like the wider tire would fit easily. the only reason is that it looks like a perfect bike for conversion since it being already designed for comuting in mind pics to follow.
the new geared hub offering from Justin is also very attractive package ezee!!

if plan A fails. that would be nice to try. hard plastic gears though i think.

efreak

Back