700c hybrid commuter ebike 3rd build

Hi guys after asking some questions around some LBS and trying to find also online a good hybrid with an easy to work with rear dropout and simple 7 speed gearing I ended up buying the following bike:

Bike brand is Origin 8 they make a lot of bike components and accessories and apparently they now offer entry level urban bikes. This particular model is the Cutler 7. Its a rigid steel frame (medium) with normal caliper brakes and 700c rims. Single crankring and 7 speeds in the back with a grip shifter. Flat bar and eyelets for fenders and dual bottle holders in the triangle space. All this for 350ish new but I ended up searching on craigslist and lucky me there was a guy selling one for 200 obo so I went to see the bike and it was in a REALLY good condition with really minimal scratches and it even had an upgraded headset/pedals and tires. So I ended up offering 150$ and the bike is now in my garage just waiting to converted.

Here's the bike with a topeak bag and rack I had laying around.
IMG_20120720_231300.jpg

Here's my current ebike stable LOL
IMG_20120720_231315.jpg

The main purpose of this bike is going to be for commuting back and forth to work which happens to be 7 miles (each way) north of where I live with all flat terrain and nicely paved roads.

I guess what I'm looking for is suggestions in terms of motors/battery combinations. I'll list some specs of what I will like to achieve with this bike in order to get opinions.

Terrain: FLAT
Total daily Distance: 14-16 miles
Motor type: I'd like to use rear geared since I've had like 3 DD motors and this build is more lightweight oriented.
Motor brands: MXUS, MAC, Bafang, CUTE?
Cruising Speed: Since there is literally 6 miles of straight road and a bike lane I think I should stay in the 22-25mph region with perhaps a passing speed of 32mph
Battery types: A123 26650 pack made by myself or a battery space li-ion NMC pack Still deciding on voltage and capacity but will probably stick with 48V
Battery Location: Triangle custom ABS enclosure similar to the one I did here but maybe thinner. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40035
Controller: Again this goes with the voltage but preferibly a 48V programable one with cruise and speed functions.

So I think I narrowed my choices down to what motor brand and wattage, voltage, battery capacity and controller. As this is gonna be my main commuter please give me some reliable solid suggestions for a "hopefully trouble-free" system.

I'm leaning towards a MXUS 350 geared running @ 14S but people talk so good about the MAC motor it makes me want to consider it. The problem is that in a 700C hybrid frame I wouldn't want to go past 32mph.

Back