• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

9c 2807 Norco 125 DJ 100v100km/h

Andje

10 kW
first gopro video today; i encoded it without audio,which i only discovered after the upload. Anyway here it is for now; i hopped onto the canal drive for a quick sprint while leisurely riding with the gf.
[youtube]HXMV7K-QUps[/youtube]

[youtube]h_C73KjQUt0[/youtube]

there we go, better quality with sounds

Another vid, this time of my morning commute :)
[youtube]8NV8D_h_bAM[/youtube]

WOW that thing flies! does it really do almost 60MPH??!! Can it hold it for long??

hahahahah
1. poor guy in first video when you flew right past him
2. poor girl in the second video when she ran across the street to avoid you

yeah it really will do 60 mph... my max so far has been 94km/h and it had a lot more left in it; if you held the throttle it would prbly be out of battery in about half an hour. I think it would be quite hot at the end of that, and i would be worried about it being close to melting point but i think it would just about make it; ive maxed it for 15 mins at a time and it is only just under too hot to touch but thats not that bad.
Basically i'm using an excellent controller, top of the line hub motor with the hs30 and brand new lipo. I weigh only 135 lbs and so the whole ensemble is prly under 90 kilos. I know i can pick the bike up with one arm and carry it up four flights of stairs.
It can stop on a dime now that im using regen too. That is a MASSIVE safety advantage.

i hit 100km/h today. Coming up, some gopro footage of the event.

[youtube]5fiJjvqK4RA[/youtube]

Daam! 62 MPH! ! What tires are on that thing!

i am using cheap as hell Tioga road slicks, 1.95's. I subscribe to the belief that what's inside is more important; im running 70$ kevlar tubes with a reinforced anti spike strip along the inside of the tire. They are strong enough that recently i hit a pothole hard enough to flatten my Ryno Lyte rim; it didn't pinch flat, it just flattened. I might have avoided this with larger 2.25's or i could always step it up to Kenda Flames, but right now I am very comfortable with my anti-flat-tire-at-100 solution. I never skid my bike, so they are showing minimal wear so far; the disk brake pads are really the thing that are getting used up fast; less since I got my regenerative braking working.

That's awesome. I am inspired !!!

I would be scared of running 1.95" tires at those speeds though ...
Please don't kill yourself. I like your posts :mrgreen:

lol id be in jail friend... how could i update you?

Yes it's a cool bike. But i think riding in traffic like that, at those speeds is just going to ruin the fun for everyone.

Have you tried the maxxis hookworm 2.5 tires before?

no, ive only read about them originally being two ply and now being one ply...
i only did two speed runs so far on the thing man, cut me some slack. i looked before i leaped; i dont roll at 100 in traffic.

el_walto said:
Yes it's a cool bike. But i think riding in traffic like that, at those speeds is just going to ruin the fun for everyone.

Have you tried the maxxis hookworm 2.5 tires before?

el_walto, That's the tire i installed on my Giant for the next speed record of this summer.
Much more confortable!!! and alot of grip. Larger rim also help with stability when cornering at high speed.

My goal for this summer is to beat my 106 km/h of summer 2010 and reach 88MPH (140km/h) like the dolereen :mrgreen: ) on a drag raceway ... not on a street as well !

I know i'll need to tripple the power required in the past for the 106km/h but it's possible with a kelly at 130VDC and 220A or my newxt "secret" weapon, my liquid cooled 36 fets controller :mrgreen:

But if i get 125km/h i'll still be satisfied.

The giant was surprizingly stable at 106km/h so i'll test step by step.

Angje, what was your power at 100kmh?

Doc

[youtube]p_gpp9q6-YE[/youtube]
i went to the nearest big safe hill and did a couple more runs. I hit 102-103 in this one. That's it though, no faster. I was hoping for 110+ but it is volt limited right now; even at 3p my voltage drops to about 97 when under load accelerating up to 100km/h. So all I can do now is accel up to 100 faster with more block time in the controller settings; i don't want to though, i think the motor is reallllly at it's limit.

Doc, my freaking CA is STILL not calibrated right. It's buttons have died; grin has sent me a new faceplate for it but it's in the mail. Until then i can't even try to calibrate because i can't change the CA values. The controller is an 18 fet Infineon from Lyen, and i'm running it at the max 65 amps battery, 130 phase. I would suspect I am hitting at least 5kw when accelerating, but for all I know i could be burning all 6500Wm im not sure.

Back