airbus e-fan

Pretty! On related news maybe, trying to get local folks in flying via modern "Zeppelin", here:
http://gtaecoflyer.freeforums.org/gta-zeppelin-f3.html

So, more "bus"-style perhaps?

Very nice.

AirplaneEfan.png

It "looks like" the small front wheel steers, and the majority of the weight of the plane rests on the rear tandem wheel (which is retractable, of course), and the large rear wheel is also the ground drive unit. I'm seeing a belt-drive and what looks like a large outrunner (de-shelled Bafang BPM-ish?)...

AirplaneEfan2.png

130kg of battery. You could squeeze in perhaps 25/26 KW/hrs of battery at 200kw/hrs per kg.

I wonder at what energy density does 500 km range become viable for a two-seater?

Joseph C. said:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Hehe... Think "airbus", but on steroids...

It's an old idea for "bus sized" transportation (updated with eg electric motors spinning props, etc). Basic premise is to use some form of lighter-than-air gas "balloon" to lift a "gondola"-sized cabin carrying crew and passengers into the air for short distance tourist "sight seeing".

LockH said:
So, more "bus"-style perhaps?
Hummm… even an "air-bubble-bus" hehe… zeppelin is right if u want payload rather than speed
i was not aware about this e-fan thingy, they plan to offer it for sale in 2017… and some 90 seats 3h autonomy in 20 Years… anything similar from america ?

Yah mon... search "Goodyear Blimp". Newest version set to launch soon.

But used primarily only as a promo device for the tire manufacturer, and much weight used for camera equip etc. to watch mostly football games. And I believe carries diseasal-fuel/av gas engines (and fuel) to spin its props. V.noisy overhead too by accounts. GTA Zepp "eco-friendly" w/ relatively huge props spun more slowly, and again, using electric motors, powered by hot-swap Li betteries.

Note how pics/vids of old Zeppelin flying crew were not wearing ear protection (or guests/passengers).

Crew for radio communications of course, but not for noise protection.

6a00d8341c4fbe53ef01a73db546a2970d-500wi

Jan Christian said:
Where did they get that outrunner??

Rolls Royce, custom, still in development.

This flight is with a rotary engine generator, though the batteries have been developed. This is to be the flying version of the Chevy Volt. The batteries go dead, the generator kicks in.

Still a long way to go.

01_content_02a.jpg

AirBus said:
. . . .Wake reenergising fan is designed to capture the wake energy. . .overall aircraft drag is reduced.

By having an embedded propulsion system, the conventional turbofan mounting structure is no longer required - thereby saving weight and drag.

You can download the brochure here. http://www.airbus-group.com/airbusgroup/int/en/news/media.2efe334d-1141-403c-8449-1b7180c8e7fa.-E-Thrust%20Brochure.html

Back