Airline passengers IPhone catches fire.

That guy is a lucky dog. Might be the only person to have an iPhone do something cool. :)

I dunno if I would consider having my arse set on fire to be cool, but different strokes for different folks ....

And the freakout about lithium batteries continues :mrgreen:

~1 kilowatt hour of RC lipo sittin' around the house unprotected, so no :)

You're a frocking hero man. :p :D

If this was in the overhead locker then it could have set fire to the plane.

It will be interesting to see if the aeroplane companies and governments end up "freaking out" about it or not. I can't see people giving up their phones in a hurry though. I wander if this is first such incident, it seems unlikely.

neptronix said:
And the freakout about lithium batteries continues :mrgreen:

I think he means the grizzlybear

liveforphysics said:
That guy is a lucky dog. Might be the only person to have an iPhone do something cool. :)

That guy that stands backwards on his seat texting while riding his bike used an iphone

Hopefully they will ban iPhones from all flights, and force a recall of all models. For good measure, just make it all apple products. Jobs isn't there, so they're going down anyway and the sooner the better.

sico said:
I can't see people giving up their phones in a hurry though. I wander if this is first such incident, it seems unlikely.
Apple will recall them is a couple years...

"Apple agreed to a recall of its first-generation nano in South Korea, and expanded that to include Japan in August 2010. The issue actually dates back to 2008, when Japan's Trade Ministry announced that the devices had caused three fires and minor burns. In July 2009. "
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2396309,00.asp

If they wanted to be really effective, they'd ban all lithium-batteried gadgets from planes.. ( i know right, don't give them ideas.. )

The lipo gnome doesn't just visit purchasers of hobbyking RC lipo. Sometimes it wants to give laptop and cell phone users a magic trick / smoke / pyrotechnics show when it's feeling frisky.

GrizzlyBear, I wonder if the owner of the ifail crApple
Phone would of been charged wirh criminal negligence
If the plane caught fire and crashed, killing all on board
Except of course, the crApple ifail phone owner? :mrgreen:

Recall all the iphones and crush them, its rhe logical
Solution! Right, GrizzlyBear the lipo hater :p

KiM

I think the only sensible approach at this point, is banning all portable electronic devices from the earth.

:p :mrgreen:

Outstanding solution Luke! I invisage the US
Millitary getting involved in this! seeing their efforts
In Iraq are comming to an end, instead of the
Search for weapons of mass destruction, the
Marines will now seekout rebelious Bere' wearing
poetry writing ifail crApple owners fighting for the
Right to hold onto their 'potential' fire starting
Ifail phones, exciting times ahead.. :mrgreen:

@DingDuDE...re:the texting motorcycle rider using an ifailcrApple phone, two reasons, hes badass and the potential for the ifail phone to burst into flames added to the danger Of the stunt, he also didnt want to use his own Android phone in the evet he fell and broke it, he's badass but not stoopid :mrgreen:

sico said:
Who is freaking out, you? :roll:
im freaking out right now because i have an iphone sitting in my pocket at the moment. i cant tell if the one in the pic is an iphone4 or 4s. i think ill hold off on an upgrade now. :lol:

*looks around and pulls iphone out of pocket*

def215 said:

EXCELLENT defMaN!! You have taken the first steps :p ... place the crApple ifail phone
on the ground, take a step back and... JUMP ON THE F*CKER till its trashed :mrgreen:

....Now go buy an Android mobile phone... :p :mrgreen:

KiM

AussieJester said:
def215 said:

EXCELLENT defMaN!! You have taken the first steps :p ... place the crApple ifail phone
on the ground, take a step back and... JUMP ON THE F*CKER till its trashed :mrgreen:

KiM

+1

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AussieJester said:
@DingDuDE...re:the texting motorcycle rider using an ifailcrApple phone, two reasons, hes badass and the potential for the ifail phone to burst into flames added to the danger Of the stunt, he also didnt want to use his own Android phone in the evet he fell and broke it, he's badass but not stoopid :mrgreen:

HA HA! Yeah wouldn't want to do ant harm to his good phone, that would have been so much cooler if his phone caught fire just after he sent the message [I can see it happening in a Simpsons episode]

AussieJester said:
def215 said:

KiM

should i use a hammer instead of stomping it? :lol:

def215 said:
AussieJester said:
def215 said:

KiM

should i use a hammer instead of stomping it? :lol:

YeS!! Thats the spirit!! A hammer would be better, if you have a sledge hammer USE IT without prejudice!! :mrgreen:

KiM

Introducing the new iphone sack.
Guaranteed to protect you from your smouldering iphone.
iphone-sack.jpg
I'm sure apple can convince users that enclosing their phone is a pouch like this is a feature :lol:.

All electronics should be banned! The are dangerous and with the critical thinking they enable they are a terrorist threat!
Bann everything just work spend and pay tax! Its what we are needed for because its just about time for our politicians to vote themselves another 33% raise!

I can't belive they still let people on air planes its so dangerous!

Back