Aldi [Europe] Now Flogging e-Bikes

Aushiker

100 W
Aldi1.png

I am not sure if Aldi is well known in the US as yet but it is an interesting retail concept (a grocery store that sells other items) and does it at a lowest cost possible. Well now Aldi is going into selling e-bikes in some of its European stores ... pick up the weekly shopping and an e-bike :)

Electricbike.com takes an interesting look at this development.

Andrew

Sorry to make your good mode an end.
This is a Pedelec execpt when u live in Austria.
Pedelec was invented from some freaks in Brussel where u be forced to pedal to move the bicycle even when the motor could do it alone.
In my eyes this is useless trash. A normal bike you could easy pedal to 40km/h and this heavy monster stops assisting leaving u alone over 25km/h maybe u can get it to 30km/h LOL!
I guess the buyer will wonder about the repair bill for the gearing in this middrive thingee.
Chargetime for this batterie i guess is 10 hours ?
No wonder that EVs are not so recognised from public if such a trasch is at sell on every 2nd corner.

zener said:
Pedelec was invented from some freaks in Brussel where u be forced to pedal to move the bicycle even when the motor could do it alone.
In my eyes this is useless trash.

In my eyes this isn't a stupid thing because it make a very efficient vehicle.

If you don't want to pedal just buy and run an (electric) motorcycle with licence, insurance and helmet, but don't call it a bike. Nothing wrong with that. (Electric) motorcycles also are designed for very high speeds.

A normal bike you could easy pedal to 40km/h...

I don't believe people that tell me in one sentence that they are heavily opposing to pedal on a pedelec but tell me in the next sentence that the could "easily" pedal 40km/h. Never ever.

---

The Aldi pedelec is not new. They sell one every spring since some years. This year the try a middrive concept because people believe that middrive is better than a hub motor (Bosch marketing). The 2014 Aldi bike costs a lot more than those pedelecs from last years and I doubt that it will be a success. we will see.

I would not buy any of those Aldi pedelecs. they weight to much and I don't like the bicycle components. But I do not mind to pay more...

That are 'realy' 'many' reasonable arguments from you.

But i make it me easy'er i just move to Austria and leaf my frand and family suffering in the pedal forced by law hell.

Thank you!

There are 1.2 to 2 million pedelecs in "law hell" Germany for 80 million people.

How many e-bikes are around the US with a population of 310 million and no law that "forces" you to pedal on a bicycle?

Must be 100 millions if this is what people actually prefer.

There are 43.300.000 cars in Germany 'running'.
I wish it would be 65.000.000 ebikes. And 1.000.000 carsharing cars.

Back