ALIBABA/ALIEXPRESS dispute screen a scam imo - my review

When I received a faulty product from Aliexpress (aka Alibaba, Taobao, etc etc.), it asked for proof by video/photo.

However, when I try to upload a video on Aliexpress' dispute screen, an error message in Chinese comes up. Another error message with trying to upload a photo. So, I uploaded the video to a video file sharing site (not YouTube), and sent that to Aliexpress customer service and the Aliexpress seller -- they say they can't open it.

Then, I did online chats with two customer service people at Alixexpress, sent a JPG showing the Chinese error message. They said to "try" deleting cookies and another browser. Tried that, same result.

It occured to me that their "dispute" program was just a run-around, to waste time, so I would be out of time to dispute the charge with my credit card company. (Just like the law societies' and other self-regulatory organizations' "complaints" process, the wolves guarding the henhouse imo.)

So, for those who have a problem with any Alibaba, Ali Express, Tao Bao, etc, my suggestion is to have your credit card company reverse the charges. That worked for me.

In my experience, most of the China sellers are very good, and 1/2 to 2/3 the price of Costco or Amazon or eBay.

Back