Alizeti 300C friction drive system

Got mine yesterday. Looks pretty solid. Included a decent letter thanking supporters, etc. promising a bluetooth module. Usual minor screw-ups. Fuse not installed for shipping, nothing telling customers to install i and charge battery. How to install is on page 50 of the 58 page manual. Heat index of 114 in No. Va this weekend, will probably be later in the week before I can wok on it.

TorontoBuilder said:
I heard that Alizeti is toast... some of their websites are nonfunctional.

I managed to buy two surplus the rear rack and motor assemblies (cable connectors cut off) to evaluate for $30 Canadian each.

I received them today. They look promising enough my brother asked me to buy 3 more. If I knew they would definitely work as a hacked solution I'd have bought the last 20 or so for the price.

I intend to make battery packs to fit the existing extruded case and connectors, and then disconnect the motor from the controller and hook it up to external controller, 24 magnet pas sensor and CA. I am sure that I can figure out how to make the servo controlled wheel contactor work or make it permanently positioned against the tire and use virtual electronic freewheeling

Addendum:

I am very impressed with the design and build of this friction drive unit, but simultaneously perplexed as to why Alizeti choose to have retracting wheel option and belted drive wheel option that added needless cost and complexity.

I am stripping out the bluetooth boards, and control boards and other key components and storing them in the event I hear someone has fried a board and needs parts...

Back