Alternatives to Alibabi-Express for buying QS Motors and controllers

Under items for sale is a thread started by “QSMOTOR”.

See the 1531 post on 51 pages that are posted in a thread started by QSMOTOR:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=65972&p=992467&hilit=QSMOTOR#p992467

The above address will take you to the first post on page 1, circa 2013.

QSMOTOR posted 392 posts to date.

So what is relevant to date?? Note: “Mid Drive Motor (under develop)” in the introduction.

The item I bought on eBay is scheduled for delivery today.

Oddly the site has been updated and the update change was also noted by eBay.

49F2BBBA-7DA8-4DF5-9AE0-3429A3D697C7.png

Newdoon now has free shipping. I paid some $289.00 for expedited shipping — the only choice.

The Free Speed Pack info:

943A8455-FAE4-4780-A559-A839915FA350.png

From the bottom of the page:

Refer to eBay Return policy opens in a new tab or window for more details.

The statement of policy: You are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee if you receive an item that is not as described in the listing.

Does the above warranty as written here on eBay allow for unauthentic QS motors to be described by the wording “Qs138-C 3000 watt”?

DingusMcGee said:
The item I bought on eBay is scheduled for delivery today.

The statement of policy: You are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee if you receive an item that is not as described in the listing.

Does the above warranty as written here on eBay allow for unauthentic QS motors to be described by the wording “Qs138-C 3000 watt”?

Let us see the motor when it gets there! We will tell you 100% its authentiicty, andif we cannot, we find someone who can.

Now...... I am an eBay Top Rated seller. It is NOT easy to become an eBay Top Rated seller. Buy from Top Rated sellers. these people are either ; devoted to sales and customer services, and or long term sellers with zero defect rates. They move product... and they must move ALOT of product to become the TR seller. I am a little guy, and if I dont sell enough, they will take my badge away and I will lose it. it is easy to lose.

Hundreds of sales per year. A couple of accounts, one just for selling and one for my personal purchases. I have and do, do business, all round the world. 100% + feedback, zero transaction defect rate, so many sales per year, 100% feedback.

Yes, eBay WILL allow for a return. If you had the buyer protections, yes eBay is well aware of the world of clones and fakes.. and will protect a buyer and get your money back, even from abroad sellers. For sure. If you can show that it was a fake or clone received, they will force t he seller to take it back and give you the money. Right away. eBay does not fool around with unlabeled or mislabeled clones. IF you expect the QS, you should 100% get it form a good seller.

SpeedPak is a faster shipping service, eBay uses, for small china purchases to around the world. 31kG limit, 800 USD $ limit, and NO batteries. Special contract with set limits that make shipping out China cheaper for the sellers... A few things... but it is one of the things slowly killing the USPS... for yes, alot of volume, but it is taking a toll on the USPS yearly budget and is a drag on postage prices in general... SpeedPak shipping is a whole other discussion for some day.. reliability as a business model and the efficacy. Some say SpeedPak is good, others say it is just ripping off the USPS. It works.. and yes, you get fast shipping from mainland China.. but may be more expensive to return. However, this cost should be covered with eBay buyer protections.

Here is my eBay seller account I am working on currently. It is not easy to get 1000+ feedback... and I do have that on my other accounts, but this one is taking a while... I am waiting on like 50 or 60 feedback from buyers who just dont leave any. Sole ~ 300 items in the last year, only have a 71 feedback right now on this account.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/jeepsells2

Capturefdshdfs.JPG

Just an example. See that " Top Rated Seller" badge? that took me years of selling and happy customers to get. I worked hard for that as a little guy. Buy from Top Rated sellers with no worries.. for it is important to us. To stay Top Rated. Gives us " perks" like 50% final value assessment fee ( 6.5% instead of 13% fee per item) and promotes our wares on the search results... Pops my listing up before the next guy, on top, with all the promotions, and the badge, and Oh so many sold, and it does sell more...

Here is eBays description of SpeedPak and the limits.
https://www.ebay.com.my/sellercentre/shipping-return/speedpak/speedpak-shipping-service

DogDipstick said:
IF it came from this site : It is not the QS motor site. hence would make sense, a reseller of the motors saying they will give out whatever is in stock... relabeled... https://www.qsmotor.com/

This site is not SIA... ad is not the real QS motor I am taking about. That is just a reseller.

This is... the real one.
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/

I just showed you what Vito had to say about the other sites. Clear as day.

Yes from https://www.qsmotor.com/

Thanks for Vito, but that was from 2015. Things could have changed in 7 years.

I politely asked for clarification. Thank you.

Yes, certainly, clarification is a good thing when making such purchases. They are an expensive endeavor.

The QS 3000 motor from seller NewdoonEbike of eBay has arrived.

The first test of materials was to ascertain if the output cog shaft had been hardened. This test was done by employing a spring loaded center punch indenting tool to make such indentations and comparing the indentations of 3 motor output shafts and one hardened 14T motor cog.

136BE6DD-5CC5-4925-81CC-8D97B1499A23.jpeg

E4059F71-8965-47F1-93E1-4FA2519AB085.jpeg

11E505ED-1F26-4D58-96EF-A94DAFFFAF0A.jpeg

235CE9A1-31EB-4223-A33B-9380B1F38481.jpeg

2C11BC25-C59D-4AD8-BA1E-A551091978A8.jpeg

The output shaft of the new QS motor by this test (dimple size) is likely as hard of steel as on the old QS3000

The output side of the motor is the same as the “cqsn…” sites picture. Sprocket is held in place with 2 small bolts.

The face end of the motor matches the cnqs site.

FAF7A964-F66E-476A-BBA8-C3845D71CAF0.png

The Phase wires are big and orange like a photo on the csqn site displays:

The motor spins036B359F-9E26-4C1C-94EB-01F3472702B9.jpeg

The motor seems like an authentic QS Motor product of cnqs.

Any suggestions for more tests or comparisons?

Attachments

• D5DE3D58-3F29-4900-9377-21B5A9BD9425.jpeg
    D5DE3D58-3F29-4900-9377-21B5A9BD9425.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 201
  • 09F3B3FE-1F3D-4784-8501-74D28BB9B0B0.png
    09F3B3FE-1F3D-4784-8501-74D28BB9B0B0.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 201
  • FC7174CE-21F2-43AD-9837-955CD0CA732F.jpeg
    FC7174CE-21F2-43AD-9837-955CD0CA732F.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 200
amberwolf said:
DogDipstick said:
Hub motor? Different. Just sitting there, no tork on it.
Many things I agree with you on, but this statement I find to be completely untrue for all of these hubmotors, including every QSMotors "ebike" or "motorcycle" hubmotor I have seen so far, .... what you meant, could you clarify your statement?

yes, i am wrong the way I worded it there.. for sure...
Yeah I think I got the word wrong, or some other thing that boggles my mind around the forces, and differences in the forces from a driven sprocket with a kush drive vs a hub moto producing tork... and motion. I will look into it.... I dont know why they are such differences in hardness. They both have to move the same mass, right? Is it in the reductino or something....? The way the chain just pulls the wheel around the axle toward the center of the frame... vs the pushing tork developed of the hub motor... IDK.... Is it just cheap, that a hubbie has a cheaper axle / motor main shaft vs the main shaft that the mid drive has, ultra super hard to work with the ultra super hard sprockets?

I dont know exactly what I meant there. When I said that.

As for the original poster.. Mr. D. McGee...nice motor. Looks good. Have fun with the build!

Dogdipstick,

Thanks for all the experiential/familiarity input to this topic and even the cross talk.

It seems Newdoon Ebikes has no bargain prices and advantages [except eBay dispute resolution] over the buying from cnqsmotor.com-(Alibabi) as Newdoon’s free shipping item prices look to be about equal to Alibabi total price of the same item with expedited shipping ( FedEx or DHL) . The free shipping method of Newdoon is somewhat slower — okay if you want to wait — but same $$ going thru Alibabi will get the item in hands in less than a week often.

I suspect my next QS product purchase will be through cnqsmotor.com via Alibabi.

Last night I received my QS1000 motor from cnqs-Alibabi and the output shaft is hard steel……….

BTW those waterproof 6 pin Hall connectors used on QS motor are sold on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Way-Pin-Automotive-Car-Connector-Plug-Electrical-Sealed-Waterproof/195331575383?pageci=b1026a54-22b8-4cca-baeb-e79c1681f49e&redirect=mobile

DC3A6F33-F237-4588-8C5A-15C2732A680E.png

Still no vendor that sells the QS motors at cost + actual FedEx shipping rate. Welcome to capitalism………

Doing an RFQ through Alibaba does get one various price quotes for an item and it can lead to vendors yet unknown to you.

E.g. from Malaysia: A QS motor seller affiliated with Alibaba that has a store but you can purchase through the store instead.

https://shopee.com.my/duntrading.my

The above Webb address is for the store, Dun Electric Supply. By the time I has seen enough quotes I decided to buy from Dun who was then the lowest price. Later a lower price quote came — 72 hrs later. Extra waiting for RFQ’s may get you a seller with a yet lower price.

Just after placing the order with Dun Electric Supply an agent from Newdoon Ebikes (this is their eBay store name) that had given me a quote earlier ask(by text) if I was ready to buy (their first quote was $94 higher than Dun). When I told them Dun’s price they fired back a quote $10 cheaper than Dun. When I informed them I had already went with Dun they replied: “WE Negotiate”.

The other advantage of Newdoon is that they will source an item not in their eBay store and likely their starting price is high. I am quite sure that to negotiate effectively with them you will need a lower price offer , the store name with a Webb that has the item and a price — you get a $10 savings?

If you chat with Newdoon thru eBay the price will likely include eBays 15% take. I do not have an email address for Newdoon’s non eBay store but texting has worked fine. The agent I have worked with is Nicole +86 173 6530 5772 for QS motors and various controllers.

The Dun Electric store is in Malaysia and there is less or no email censoring there compared to what China does. So emails do get thru to your contact.

The Dun Electric web store displays only a small selection of ebike parts but I have got specific items from them that are not on display on their web page.

By ordering thru them you can skip Alibabi-Express and can save $$. PayPal gives you the needed buyer protection.

Contact them via email: dun-electric@hotmail.com

Ask for price quote on the specific item you want them to source. Attempts at price negotiation may get you a little more off but they do not seem to high-ball a quote like Newdoon Ebikes.

BlackBall: Newdoon Bikes as far as giving a good working deal. During the last attempt at finalizing a sale they insisted I agree to let them ship the item by the “Chinese Federal Mail System” for $10 less than the other bidder’s low quote was which had included UPS air.

The CFMS is a way slower than USPS snail mail.

Back