AMA Supercross

mxer

1 kW
Just watched rnd 6 of the AMA supercross, Awsome stuff !!!! Lov'in Villopoto, gotta give it up to him, Shame Bubba's caught up in the advertising game, Pirelli tyres wtf!! we call em Pirelli ditch finders in the UK :lol: , and with that hucca buck Yamaha no wonder he is 39 point's down :p

Think we will see a different reed next week :twisted: Bring it on!!..

One day i will make it over to see this for myself (Nationals), You guy's in America, How lucky are you 8) .....

Anyone follow ?, or even go watch the races live ? That would be soooooo cool :twisted: .....

Hence my user name Mxer (motocrosser) used to be Mxer4 but retired it when Carmicheal did :cry: Sad Sad day.....

Hope i'm not going to be the only follower, and have a bit of a tumbleweed moment :lol: But then again they are hardly electric :roll: ....

I was there 2 weeks ago in Oakland and loved every second of it! James Stewart was AMAZING to watch ride! So much more reckless than the rest of the bunch! I loved it!

20120128_182907.jpg

Track was amazing! I was drooling in my chair wanting to ride it so badly.

20120128_213001.jpg

OMG!!! You lucky ****.... Going to have to go ride tommorrow now :twisted:

Seen James ride in the UK 2006 Nations, when in my opinion was at the top of his game, Can't believe the speed of the guy, Mental stuff just pinned the whole track, our uk boy's where like "we're go home now then" :lol:

Keep up the good work, more photo's 8)

I know it's nothing for you guy's over there but for little old me in the UK it was Massive ,Here's me shaking hands with the man who made the fastest man on earth 8)

IMG_1911.jpg

Ypedal said:
I love supercross... these guys have balls the size of zepplins.... the local nationals here in Riverglade i manage to get out there almost every year, the sound, the smell, the drunk women in bikini's... makes for one awsome day....

Must admit i do love the nationals, Must be mad 2 foot away from a 450 flat out off a drop off, Just would be my dream, Oh and the women sound good, There all wrapped up over here :lol: .......

Here is one of my favorite dirt riders playing on a 2-stroke, which I also agree, are the best dirt engines in the world.

Enjoy,

[youtube]eWQQoPemqPU[/youtube]

Love a 2 smoker great vid, Think they are comming back, there has been talk of it

check this smoker out .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvv15Vn69AM&feature=player_embedded

Supercross..+1
I am missing the Michigan rounds since they left the silverdome for dead.
Ill still favor the Outdoor motocross though...
James Stewart.....he's unbelivable as a rider.
As a racer, he still lacks the blind refusal to lose that made Ricky Charmichal the G.O.A.T

This is the 1st year since 86 we've had a group of 5 or 6 guys who can win on any given night.
I watch the ama livewire transonder info live during the events.
http://live.amasupercross.com/

I really do miss the the groundshaking moan of a full gate of open classers charging into the 1st turn.

I watched the races here in San Diego this last Saturday.

Sat up in the nosebleed seats, cheap seats and you get a great view of the whole track.

Steward looked pretty good, till he ran off the track. He was in third and catching the leaders real quick.

It's basically a drag race though, who ever makes the first turn ends up getting way out in front. If they are a good enough rider, they can usually hold onto first till the finish.

http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoaf291R.html

Go Chad!!!

Great vids! :mrgreen:

I used to follow the Mx and Sx but these days i tend to follow the Enduro and Safari scenes more. Even went up to Geraldton (Western Australia) last year to watch some of the Australian Safari, those guys are nuts! :lol:

I'm with you guys, i love 2 strokes :D I've had many 2 and 4 strokes over the years with my 2007 KTM200EXC being my favourite all time bike - sooo light it handled beautifully yet had a little more poke than a 125 but not as much as a 250 and was road registerd, it was just right for me :wink:

Had a WR450F which although had plenty of torque, i found it just too heavy to throw around in the bush and found it threw me around! (i'm only 67kg)
Now have a 2008 4str Husqvarna TE250, a nice compromise of power and handling. A 300cc kit + EFI tune is in the pipeline at some point though for a little extra hp and torque...

Without derailing Mxer's thread, what bikes do you guys ride and why do you like them?

Paul :D

Honda Blackbird. Put 72,000 km on it, ridden across the country and back twice, once to do a track day at Phillip Island. I have been known to do track days here at Wanneroo Raceway but still can't seem to beat my PB of 71s.

And Voltron of course ;)

too many to list over the years Mostly vinatage class stuff these days...cause I am an old nostalgic duffer now.
Here is my current stable:
1 1974 cr125m
1 1974 cr250m (it ran undefeted in 24 moto's in 01 :mrgreen: )
1 79 yam IT175
2 1980 cr125R ( i would like to race these in the coming year..i just love these old bikes)
3-1980 cr250r (2003 #1 in class)
1 85 cr125....re-assembled basket case
1 89 cr125 this will be my training bike this year...mostly stock with race tech suspension
1 95 cr125
the goal is a full on assault on the ARHMA sportsman championship in 2013 (1974 & older bikes & 50+ age group)

Bikes I wish i never sold:
1980 YZ465....still the balls out fastest dirt bike Ive ever owned.
1986 cr500.....(i rode pro that year & actualy was making money till I crashed a bicycle & broke some ribs & my scapula :evil: )
1988 CR500......just a great bike for racing
1989 CR500...I inherited a full pro-circut engine & an Ohlins shock...broken frame & triple trees from a tumbling high speed crash...(not me) I put that bike back together & it was a monster....super power delivery very great bike...still not as fast on the top end as the yz.

worst bike I ever had.....1984 cr250....that thing blew up breaking it in....twice , they all did. Honda recalled the cylinders & sent us new ones. they ran but were turds....pipe carb & every trick in the book wouldn't polish that turd motor.

Actualy raced the amature suoercross program in the silverdome stadium on a yz80 in 77 (crashed my brains out) again in 79....(RM100) running 4th when I wrapped the rear brake pedal around the foot peg....then the shifter a lap later for a dnf,,ruts were way deep.
went back in 86 on the 500.....got knocked down in the 1st turn, up & off to get taken out again in the 4th turn...went from 27place on the 1st lap up to 10th on the last lap (8 lap main event)...riding man made terain is tough.
the jumps they are doing today are nutz....& the riding styles & bike set ups are way different from the early days.
these kids do things we never imagined back then.

80's cr500's are insane, can't believe you raced them and are still alive to write about it !...

I tried one once... scared the living daylights outa me.. stalled it a few times trying to get going.. almost broke my leg from the starter kicking back, the vibration from the handlebars would make your hands numb.. front wheel off the ground in any gear if you even as much as try to pin the throttle.. f'n things... 100v hubbies are good enough for this guy lol...

Thud said:
too many to list over the years Mostly vinatage class stuff these days...cause I am an old nostalgic duffer now.
Here is my current stable:
1 1974 cr125m
1 1974 cr250m (it ran undefeted in 24 moto's in 01 :mrgreen: )
1 79 yam IT175
2 1980 cr125R ( i would like to race these in the coming year..i just love these old bikes)
3-1980 cr250r (2003 #1 in class)
1 85 cr125....re-assembled basket case
1 89 cr125 this will be my training bike this year...mostly stock with race tech suspension
1 95 cr125
the goal is a full on assault on the ARHMA sportsman championship in 2013 (1974 & older bikes & 50+ age group)

Bikes I wish i never sold:
1980 YZ465....still the balls out fastest dirt bike Ive ever owned.
1986 cr500.....(i rode pro that year & actualy was making money till I crashed a bicycle & broke some ribs & my scapula :evil: )
1988 CR500......just a great bike for racing
1989 CR500...I inherited a full pro-circut engine & an Ohlins shock...broken frame & triple trees from a tumbling high speed crash...(not me) I put that bike back together & it was a monster....super power delivery very great bike...still not as fast on the top end as the yz.

worst bike I ever had.....1984 cr250....that thing blew up breaking it in....twice , they all did. Honda recalled the cylinders & sent us new ones. they ran but were turds....pipe carb & every trick in the book wouldn't polish that turd motor.

Actualy raced the amature suoercross program in the silverdome stadium on a yz80 in 77 (crashed my brains out) again in 79....(RM100) running 4th when I wrapped the rear brake pedal around the foot peg....then the shifter a lap later for a dnf,,ruts were way deep.
went back in 86 on the 500.....got knocked down in the 1st turn, up & off to get taken out again in the 4th turn...went from 27place on the 1st lap up to 10th on the last lap (8 lap main event)...riding man made terain is tough.
the jumps they are doing today are nutz....& the riding styles & bike set ups are way different from the early days.
these kids do things we never imagined back then.

Awsome read thanks for that, Never had the chance to ride on a cr 500 (heard they are animals) closest i got was a Maico 490, that was enough for me :shock: .... Had a few 2 smoker YZ's and a 426 (diddn't really get on with 4 strokes) Never rode competetivly (just fun), now with kids and a morgage and no balls anymore (or sick pay :roll: ) just got myself a little toy to play with every now and again in back fields (little track)...

All in all, not what i used to to do but for the money these are proberly the most fun i have had on a bike (proberly just lost all respect), and it usually doesn't hurt when i fall off :lol:

Now tricked out with Marzocchi 735's and DNM rear shock, Awsome fun!!!

P1000012.jpg

HA!
I love riding the pit bikes also...we have a huge year end event At RedBud with a grass race & a minibike race (Jeff Stanton is still awsome on an XR75). I have a lot of friends with those & we beat each other up proper on the mini's they told their wives were "for the kids" :lol:

i don't care what anyone rides....as long as they ride. I rarley ride as recreation though. I wouldn't have a dirt bike if i didn't plan to race it someday. It suprises a lot of guys that if I am not preping for a race....I would rather go fishing than ride.

Red bud, Where's the drool button!!!....

Love my pit tho :lol: Still have my 1975 XR75, Planning on a complete rebuild soon, Quite rare in the UK, had mine since i was seven 8) ....

hehe, another bad memory!
I never took to the trikes....but have a brother in law who loved them.....he hung out at the sand dune riding area (silverlake MI.)
He won the weekend sand drags a couple weeks in a row on my modified motors (which was funny cause all I did was blueprint it, cut & re-shaped the pipe & re-jetted it).... My racing resume got me some very limited support from Honda staring in 82. Honda has a lot of guys recording input on the bikes all the time. In 84 they wanted to build a winning record on the new 4-stroke ATV (1st year 1984?) free bike & a parts allowance...as a reginal test rider, I just had to fill out the paper work weekly & document the mods & results.....& give the bike back at the end of the season. I opted for the 250r motorcycle offer instead....bike at cost & same parts deal & documentaion. In hind site, maybe I should of took the offer, my 84 racing season was a total mechanicle & finacial disater on the motorcycle.

I do remember crashing the 200x at (seems like) 50 times in a 4 hour riding session on a motocross track. I told the Rep. that I wouldn't consider racing it on anything other than a oval....3-wheels were a bad idea in that configuration.

Ive ridden a couple well built motocross Quads though...lots of fun. but I doubt i would last racing one....they allways seem to end up on top of the rider in any crash senario. (& them things is way heavyer than my motorcycles which handle WAY better in the panic situaton you often find yourself in on the track)

wow. I am really feeling old suddenly.....that was a friggin long time ago hehe. (Ive raised 4 kids since then!)

I used own 1985 Honda 500cr and I almost broke my right knee cap. They are monstrous 500cr dirt bike, I gave up due too much power, too tall for me dealing start up motor and sold it. I raced with friend's 250cr or yz250. He beat me easily because of easy handle power + weight ratio better than my 500cr bike.

AWW MAN!!!!! Gutted for Reed :evil: Just seen round seven (this is the UK :roll:) and was well into it till Reeds get off, leaving Ryn to take the win.....Is anyone one else good enough to take him ? I don't think so, I know for sure i'm going to miss the 1 2's Reed and Villopoto were having....

Don't know what's up with Steward, Just doesn't seam to have that sence of urgency anymore :(

Never really followed the 250's but Wow there is some racing going on :twisted:

Just looked up Reed's injury's :shock: Season = Game over :evil:

Back