Any durable half-twist throttle recommendations?

What Chalo said. It is fairly well protected by the brake lever, and your hand if your finger is on the trigger. The bar clamp doesn't stand particularly proud so should the bike land upside down hopefully something else would be taking the brunt of the impact. Also the curvature of the bars would probably keep it from striking the ground should one lay it down with the bars turned to the left. That said anything will break under the right circumstances if you try hard enough.

I will say that I had a blowout at 40mph which resulted in me laying the bike down on it's right side, in gravel, after slowing a bit. The throttle wasn't in a position to take any damage, and my headset alignment was waaay off after the crash. It was a hard landing. Ymmv of course.

Chalo said:
TNC said:
Does anyone else think that the trigger throttle posted by HK12K appears kind of fragile?

It looks to me like it would tuck up sheltered underneath the brake lever. That doesn't make it rugged, but it does limit the need for it to be rugged.

I have seen the paddles break off Wuxing 130X throttles before. It's not a common problem, but it seems at least as likely as breaking a twist throttle. (Which I did just the other day, and replaced it with a Wuxing 130X).

Chalo, I crashed in a rock pile on my mountain bike recently while I still had the Wuxing 130X thumb throttle. I had it mounted on the left handlebar to the right of the disc brake lever/master cylinder. It was the left handlebar that crash landed in the rocks. The biggest hit was by a large rock that bashed into the master cylinder and throttle. The hit was hard enough to turn the handlebar and stem a few degrees...fortunately without actually breaking anything. That stupid little Bafang thumb throttle took a direct hit too and amazingly withstood the impact...only cosmetic damage. I have since taken it off to use the setup I have listed earlier in this thread...a half-grip twist throttle. That Bafang thumb throttle is tougher than it looks...and cheap...LOL!

Attachments

• IMG_20210802_172950747_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210802_172950747_HDR.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 100
Back