Any one got a dead meanwell? I need a fan

NeilP

1 GW
I know it is a basic item,but I seem to have given all my old PC fans away to a bee keeper. He connects them up to bee hives hives with a solar panel...whenever the sun is out and it is hot the fans create s draught to keep the hives cool...saves the bees from using energy fanning it themselves

Anyway..I 'have no suitable fans and one of my meanwell fans is dead so any one got spare straight out of a dead meanwell that they can send me for cost of postage and a beer?

Sorry meanwell model S 350-48...if the meanwells have differing fan sizes, it is the 58mm square one 0.13A

I have stuck a bigger one on top of the case for now...0.28 A but it is mucking up the current limiting ..changing the balance of the two Meanwells, when they are running in parallel. Ned an exact replacement

this dead one is labeled
ARX DC brushless
FD1260-S3012C
DC 12V 0.13A

Cheers

Neil

Neil,

Does my memory serve me correctly, and you're in Australia?

If so, Jaycar have a 60mm square x 25 mm deep, 12 volt, 130mA, 20 CFM fan for $19.95 (YX-2505). Of course, donated from junk box for cost of postage is better.

If no one else pipes up, I'll look in my junk box tomorrow. You may be lucky.

Amanda

any equivalent fan will work, you don't need one out of a meanwell. you could even upgrade to one with 0.15a draw with no negative consequences, i am sure.

Hi Amanda...no not Australia...Jersey...small island off the coast of France. I have gone through my junk box and nothing..only bigger ones that do not fit the case . Have stuck a bigger one on the top for the moment.

Am probably just as well going down to the local scrap yard/recycling centre. Was not thinking straight when I posted up...engaged keyboard before brain again!!
there are loads on e-bay for less than a pound..can just get two the same from there. probably cheaper than getting someone else to post a penny item half way across the world!1

Cheers anyway

Oh, btw, I did your Q5 resistor mod for the fans...put a switch across, so i can have auto or always on. If it were not for that mod, i probably would not have noticed the dead fan...at least till the PSU over heated

Neil,

Got plenty of 80mm fans, and a 40mm, no 60mm.

Glad the Q5 mod worked for you. Good point of doing it this way, the thermistor "stage 2" protection still works as designed. If it does overheat (because the fan failed), it drives the Dead Time Control on the TL494 to cut the current by reducing the pwm.

The people that mess with the thermistor lose this.

Amanda

Hi Nick,,,where are you?

UK?

Amanda, thanks for that info..I didn ot know that

I have done the R33 R37 SVR2 mod to get the current limiting to below the 135%

Weird effect with the fan mod though.
The two Meanwells in series are set to 41.5 volt each so series volts 83.0
Current limiting via SVR2 is down to 8.4 amps...to keep within 350W per supply

When a empty pack is connected, the output voltage drops to 75.6 and a current starts to flow

The fan in the normal auto position ( as factory produced) the current to the batteries was 7.62 amps.
If i flick e the switches (so shorting out the collector to emitter of the Q5 resistor) ..this forces the fans to run... and the current to the battery pack jumps up to 8.3 amps

Any idea what is going on there?

Am off to the dump and then the beach, so may not reply again for a while...unless of course the dump produces loads of goodies and I end up back at the house tinkering :)

Cheers Nick you are a hero...how much...PM me with your e-mail and I can paypal you

don't have a spare controller too do you ?

That died this morning..want something to get me back on the road

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27349&p=395319#p395319

Ah yes, the hat...African actually...pic taken driving a truck in Uganda

Back