Any software for bafang b02N/EKD01_BF display?

Lolligeman

1 µW
am looking for software for this display

I ordered it from aliexpress on the store Greenergy, contacted the buyers for firmware and they said it's confidential ??

If anyone has any software or hints related to this display please reply.

Am wondering if i can make adjustments to fit my own needs aswell as just wanting to have the files + am a geek.

EKD01-EN(B02N new).pdf Manual link for people interested

Searched the whole internet (almost lol) and found only like 5 stores selling this and 2 manuals (which are the same)
1 video of a guy showcasing the app on youtube and that's all i can find.

1692287076476.png1692287026284.png

I don't think you're going to find any OEM software for displays out there that you will be able to modify. (occasionally a raw binary firmware is available, but it would be tough to break that back into the code that created it).

There are some OSFW opensource firmware projects for a number of LCDs / displays, some here on the forum, and some on Github, etc, but each is specific to that particular display model and version (because the hardware inside each can be different, and the communication to the controller is usually different).

You may be able to use those projects to build your own software for the display to do what you want with it, once you "sniff" and reverse-engineer the protocol and format and data that are communicated with the controller it's for.

The MCU that's on it may or may not be flashable, so you might have to replace the chip with one that is, if you can do SMT/SMD work (hot air reflow tools make that easier than a soldering iron).

I don't think you're going to find any OEM software for displays out there that you will be able to modify. (occasionally a raw binary firmware is available, but it would be tough to break that back into the code that created it).

There are some OSFW opensource firmware projects for a number of LCDs / displays, some here on the forum, and some on Github, etc, but each is specific to that particular display model and version (because the hardware inside each can be different, and the communication to the controller is usually different).

You may be able to use those projects to build your own software for the display to do what you want with it, once you "sniff" and reverse-engineer the protocol and format and data that are communicated with the controller it's for.

The MCU that's on it may or may not be flashable, so you might have to replace the chip with one that is, if you can do SMT/SMD work (hot air reflow tools make that easier than a soldering iron).
Hey thank you for the response!

I will be searching for OSFW since i have a DPC18 lying around and that is 100x more popular than this display.
However i will admit i'm way to inexperienced for this and i saw a potential "easy" opportunity because of the app manual firmware flash.
The most i've done is rewrite some predefined values or searched those values so this is either a pick this up later thing or a cheer anybody that does try something alike for this display and wait for that.

Just OEM software that is available would poke my curiosity and even the one's i can't modify but just look at the code would also be cool but hey, we'll see.

Remember, you won't be looking at code in a ready-to-flash firmware file. You'll be looking at a binary file (at best, hexadecimal); it's no longer code you can read (or reverse engineer). :(

To see what i mean, take a peek over at the BBSHD Voltage Fix thread where several FWs are posted.

Remember, you won't be looking at code in a ready-to-flash firmware file. You'll be looking at a binary file (at best, hexadecimal); it's no longer code you can read (or reverse engineer). :(

To see what i mean, take a peek over at the BBSHD Voltage Fix thread where several FWs are posted.
That's a shame, however making a blank firmware file and building it myself would be easier, but the communication between display and controller would need to be coded in and reverse engineered from original firmware file, correct?

In my search i haven't found any firmware for ANY bafang display and especially none (they may not exist) that can be read to better understand the firmware.

Would it be a considerable "easy" thing to try and make a firmware myself for my display?

That's a shame, however making a blank firmware file and building it myself would be easier, but the communication between display and controller would need to be coded in and reverse engineered from original firmware file, correct?
Well, you couldn't do it from the file itself. You'd have to do it by "sniffing" the data between the two while in use for each of the various functions and during operation, so you can figure out what is being sent with what ID codes for each thing that the display shows from the controller, and for each thing that display sends to the controller for each button push, etc.

In my search i haven't found any firmware for ANY bafang display and especially none (they may not exist) that can be read to better understand the firmware.

That's no surprise. Even if you find a file they're all going to be binary (hex) files to just be written by the existing bootloader firmware on the MCU, which "knows" what to look for and where to write each block of data. But there's no actual code in them that you can read, without knowing which bit is what throughout the file...whcih you can't know without information on how the file was created and the code it came from. :/ (if you had that you wouldn't need the firmware file)

Would it be a considerable "easy" thing to try and make a firmware myself for my display?
I doubt it. Just look around at the various open-source (and other DIY that didn't publish their code) projects that already did this to get an idea of what's involved. There are several here on ES, most of which also wrote the code for the controller too.

Back