Apple iOS 9.1

Hillhater

100 TW
Sydney ..(Hilly part !) .. Australia/ Down under !
Like many million other fools, I have slipped into using an iPad sometimes, and even more stupidly I allowed the auto update to the latest iOS this weekend. ( I long ago learned PC updates were things to be avoided)
Wow..what a mistake , and backward step !
I don't know what they were trying to do, but things are so slow now.
Waiting for every page refresh, frequent random shutdowns ( black screen with an apple !) even the (already crap ) edit cursor bubble has become worse, failing to function on command.
I suspect Apple have embedded some mess of security/data harvester into the code that acts like cornflour in water !
Anyone else suffering ?

( I know...I should not be using Apple at all, but the iPad is so portable) :x

I haven't seen any ill effects on my iPad Air, nor my iPhone 6. There are a LOT of new settings hidden throughout that use background computing.
Take a few min (prob half hour) and go through all the settings.

Several apps warned me NOT to upgrade yet.

r3volved said:
Take a few min (prob half hour) and go through all the settings.
:roll: :twisted:
One of the reasons I ( and many others). Bother to use the iPad , is the simplicity and ease of use,.
No need to mess about with background changes etc.
I has worked fine for a few years, but now, after this wonderful magic upgrade, I find I have to go play with various settings in the hope of getting back to where I was a week ago ?
What settings might I need to change ?
What might I have to change them to ?
Where do I go for a guide to this ?
Why won't Siri do this for me ?
Is it possible to revert back to the previous IOS ?
I also seem to have lost many (not all ?). Of my logins and passwords for apps etc :x :x
..incidentally , this is actually 9.01 not 9.1 ...
. And I hear there will be more updates to come ! :roll:

I just found out IOS 9 introduced 'multitasking' to the iPad. If you've got an older iPad, I'll bet turning all that off would help a ton. It doesn't seem to negatively affect my iPad Air which is only about a year old.

I am on the latest iOS update for my iPad and its a tad slow but its OK.
But I was thinking of doing a 'full reset' so its all clean and fresh and the de-fragmented flash storage space should speed things up a bit. All those updates over the years must of made my storage super fragmented.
Since all your emails are in googles imap email and chrome is synced to googles cloud etc blowing away and reinstalling just isn't a big deal any more everything just automagically restores its self.. A bit like the liquid metal terminator :lol:

Back