APT Intelligent LCD-800S-A display -- battery flashing???

bobmutch

100 W
I have a Monorino 48V12Ah, 500w Bafang BFSWX02 Lightweight Geared Hub Motor (BFSWX02 48V500W(13) 26-1512196202-1), 26" bike and the battery is flashing on the APT Intelligent LCD-800S-A LCD display. I have added the pictures that show what the screen looks like when operating, when first turned on and the 2 screens showing the flashing.

The Km/h, Trip, Highest Speed, Odometer all work fine on the screen, I have gone through all the screens and have put in the right settings as noted below.

bL1=1, 0FF=5, L_Id=26, bU0=48, CUL=15, HAL=1, ASS=12, Hd6=0, HdP=0, PAS=UbE, SPL=45,

Is this my controller, a battery problem, a display problem? Please help.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,782
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,782
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,782
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,782
No bars and a flashing outline means the controller thinks the battery is empty.

So, either the battery is actually empty, or so unbalanced that it appears to be (in which case it's BMS would probably cut power completely as soon as you put any load on it), or the controller is set to look for a voltage higher than your pack is built for.

Or the controller (or LCD?) is broken (one of my Fusin controllers that goes with an LCD usually thinks the battery is empty even when it's full--but the other one with the same LCD reads it correctly).

Thanks amber,

I changed the Volts to 32 and it stopped flashing and showed up two bars, I when out and drove 7km and it started flashing again but I still have the same amount of fully juice. Even though I have the Display set for 45Km the bike maxes at 32Km unless going down grade it will put up to 38Km. I took it on a 9Km drive into the wind and up a hill and it was fine also.

The charger is 48V Li-ion 2A. It will charge up and and the 2nd Red LED goes Green. The battery and controller are enclosed so I need open it up and see what the Ah of the battery pack is and what brand/model the controller is. I expect the battery to be a 13S 54.6v Li-ion battery.

I don't like the ADT display perhaps I should get a V2 Grim Cycle Analyst, would rather a 3.1 but the layout strategy for my eBike is everything going to the controller. I will have to seem if my controller is a CA-DP compatible controller. I found a CA 2.4 for sale on eBay.ca for $130CAD plus $18 for shipping. Is this a good idea?

Any suggestions?

bobmutch said:
I changed the Volts to 32 and it stopped flashing and showed up two bars, I when out and drove 7km and it started flashing again but I still have the same amount of fully juice. Even though I have the Display set for 45Km the bike maxes at 32Km unless going down grade it will put up to 38Km.
Sounds like the numbers it needs in programming may not have any direct match to the actual numbers of the items in question. There may be a ratio to use to get the real number down into something the programming actually uses. I don't know how your system actually works.

The charger is 48V Li-ion 2A. It will charge up and and the 2nd Red LED goes Green.
Sounds like it's reaching full (though it could be unbalanced and need to stay on the charger anyway).

I don't like the ADT display perhaps I should get a V2 Grim Cycle Analyst,
Keep in mind that yoru controller may require the display to be attached to operate in anything other than the most basic default mode; the ADT display may set the controller up to whatever you last set it to at every power on.

would rather a 3.1 but the layout strategy for my eBike is everything going to the controller.
You can do that with any CA version. There's a guide by Teklektik on the CA3 page on Grin Tech's site to walk you thru the whole thing from wiring to setup.

I will have to seem if my controller is a CA-DP compatible controller.
Probably not--most are not unless you buy it specifically to be so. Just get the SA version of the CA, and you can use the external shunt to monitor power. (since you don't want to control anything in the controller by the CA, this is simpler anyway).

I found a CA 2.4 for sale on eBay.ca for $130CAD plus $18 for shipping. Is this a good idea?
If you mean a CA-DP 2.4, it'd be a little cheaper straight from Grin
http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/cycle-analysts.html

If it's an SA version, then the ebay one is cheaper than Grin.

If you ever think you might want to use any of the features the v3 offers, you're better off just getting the v3 SA version now, and leaving the features you don't use yet disabled or unconnected, until you need them.

If you don't think you'll ever use those features, the 2.4 would be better.

Back