Arduino/ATMega based controller?

Pointy

1 mW
Are there any good open source projects based on the Arduino or ATMega MCU's?

I thought it might be a fun project at some point and while I am reasonably fluent digital electronics and designing basic PCB's in Eagle, I have no clue about the motor driver stage. I would imagine the rest is reasonably straight forward as it is just reading sensors and driving a display.

I have designed and built ATMega based devices before, here are 3d models of my resin printer wash and cure PCB/Machine...

w&c.PNG

19.PNG

This is driving a stepper motor for the turntable and small 0.96" OLED display, with 3 buttons for programming and usage.

So I guess the question is would something like an ATmega328 be powerful enough for an eBike controller?

Any links, suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,

Les

So I guess the question is would something like an ATmega328 be powerful enough for an eBike controller?
8bit processor at 20 MHz, can work, the popular Kunteng controller uses a similar poor processor.
If you want to do field orientated control @16kHz PWM frequency, the processor will be too slow, I guess.
There is a big "Simple FOC" Arduino community:

You can take a look at @badgineer's project to see how to design a power stage.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying.

I did also find a this thread which is also on hackaday. It's a shame that the project was not continued as it looks like the sort of thing I had in mind. At least there is a schematic available for me to mull over.

Back