Aussie 200 Watt Limit Thread

wow got away with it nicely quick switch over to 200w.

is their a way to hookup a hidden switch to the CA to automatically limit to 200w ?

some good news, last time I looked it was hard to find en15194 document online ( unless you paid for it), just did a search and seems not too hard to download it now eg. :
http://www.value-e-bikes.com.au/Images/EN_15194.pdf

page 33 shows how to estimate power level by roadside test, it would be fun to see oz police do this test, especially puting the data into the formula........I would like to see that.
formula is
Power ( watts continuous) = m x 2Dsquared/T cubed
m=?, D=20metres ( test distance), T= time to traverse 20metres ( minutes or seconds?)

Using the digiaux with a pot and b13 allows fast switching to a legal setting. Can be done by either setting the reqd preset and if this is the 1st preset turning the pot all the way down automatically goes into preset 1 too. So you can either press buttons on the digital or turn the pot - if the pot is set to zero the digiaux cannot move it out of preset 1 either.

whatever said:
some good news, last time I looked it was hard to find en15194 document online ( unless you paid for it), just did a search and seems not too hard to download it now eg. :
http://www.value-e-bikes.com.au/Images/EN_15194.pdf

page 33 shows how to estimate power level by roadside test, it would be fun to see oz police do this test, especially puting the data into the formula........I would like to see that.
formula is
Power ( watts continuous) = m x 2Dsquared/T cubed
m=?, D=20metres ( test distance), T= time to traverse 20metres ( minutes or seconds?)

Atm, police are able to determine your blood alcohol content very accurately in the space of a couple of minutes, all on the roadside. They can measure the speed of any vehicle, instantly, from any point standing or moving and their in car camera can read number plates and pick unregistered cars instantly.

So I don't understand the scepticism, Aussie cops are very willing adopters of technology, and I imagine when the time comes some engineer will develop a dyno the size of bathroom scales - specificly for ebikes, and PD's will be all over it.

The old "Why don't you catch some real crooks" excuse. Of course, there's likely to be at least one pedestrian he startled who thinks HE's the real crook, so its all eye of the beholder isnt it?

If you know you've done the wrong thing, at least take it like a man.

Pedal ! Simple. What's with mixing it up on a main road ? Go back a few streets and ride down there and pedal. I bet this cop has never pulled anyone up that's pedalling on a back street. If u have to use main road , drop speed, pedal and stay safe, I have zero trust in roasted up tradies or soccer mums in busy traffic in my car let alone a bike.

Back