Awkward torque arm installation - suggestions needed

Morning folks (or evening depending on timezone).

I’ve got a difficult torque arm situation because of how massively chunky the pair of suspension forks are.

Both the reinforcement webs around the dropout AND the large diameter of the bottom tube of the suspension leg are making it very difficult.

What I’m really looking for is a torque arm where the long section of the piece with the 14x10 axle hole is as long as straight as possible and extends away from the hole before turning a right angle. Ideally the piece which straps to the suspension leg would also be quite straight rather than curved.

I’d prefer not to have to start doing too much with my Dremel if possible, but I suspect I may have no choice.

The other option I’ve considered is whether I may have to mix ‘n’ match bits from different torque arm kits to come up with a geometry which works.

Even with torque arms, you're very likely to break those fork tips off. The arms need to be strong and secure enough to hold your weight when that happens, or you'll get hurt.

Front hub motors and telescopic forks are a bad combination, and not only for safety reasons. Motor thrust makes the forks bind up with stiction, and greatly accelerates wear of the bushings.

Back