Bafang BBSHD Fatbike Frame by ELEEK

john61ct

1 TW
https://youtu.be/1Wq3lGEIZTM

This thread is open for discussion of all aspects of this frame.

But I'd also like to query the groupmind about it wrt my specific use case

First, motor / controller

Personally, I need low-end torque, slow climbing of long steep slopes with high weights. No fixed route just exploring the USian southwest including the Rockies

Sitting up straight, don't care about looks, pure utility like the Dutch, top priority is robust reliability, repairability easy as possible in remote "third-world" conditions.

Why I like steel...

Not looking for any top speed, 20-25mph would be plenty, in fact I would prefer a higher Ah / lower voltage battery (say 52V ?) if that does not compromise the above.

M620 better than G510 right, what about Bafang H640, or is that a completely different beast?

I assume something like the Watt Wagons' "labs edition" 3000W+ version of the Archon X1 Ultra controller is the way to get maximum power?

Compared to the Innotrace Ultra Max 2200W "EXESS" controller?

Are both true FOC?

Next, about using this frame as the basis for a high-capacity cargo rig, 500lbs, think 5-gal water containers living in the boondocks

rough gravel / fire roads, desert terrain sometimes long steep mountain slopes

looking for puncture resistance, maybe moto rims?

Either modding this to a long-frame, or keeping mostly as-is and adding a self-powered multi-hub motor push trailer.

The latter approach lets me leave the trailer part behind at base camp and getting a more normal looking bike and much longer range

Thinking a Rohloff IGH to maximise pedal ability on the flat, limit torque to 90 n.M, maybe convert to a Gates belt to cushion it a bit and add longer wear reliability?

Back