Bafang BBSO2 only turning once per throttle push/PAS rotation

ronniec95

100 mW
As the title says. I have a newly purchased BBS02 and upon first tests the throttle rotates the chainring once; you let go and press again and it rotates again. Same with PAS - cycle half a rotation, get a boost, pause and do another rotation, get another boost.

No error codes on the DPC18 display shown. Battery is a EM3EV 52V battery which works flawlessly on my other ebike with a Mac8T geared hub motor; so eliminated connection issues from the battery at least. Have removed the gear shift and brake sensors to eliminate those.

I thought it might be the hall sensors in the motor but the cables are connected fine.

It's under warranty so LBS will replace motor but it's going to take a few weeks. Anything I can investigate beforehand?

That sounds strange. Check the wheel speed sensor. If the controller doesn't see the wheel moving it will shut down, but normally it takes much longer to stop. There may be something in the software settings that is way off.

I started it up and ran the throttle. Initial burst then just slows to a constant, very low speed.

Video link to problem

After 20s or so it will error with missing speed sensor but prior to that I would expect this to work somewhat. This is on Assist 9 just in case of some current limiting issues

I started it up and ran the throttle. Initial burst then just slows to a constant, very low speed.

Video link to problem

After 20s or so it will error with missing speed sensor but prior to that I would expect this to work somewhat. This is on Assist 9 just in case of some current limiting issues
So you haven't tried it with a chain and sensor?

Back