Bafang C695: how to access advanced settings

chazRevo

100 µW
EDIT: For those looking for a quick answer, the password for C695 is 0512. you access the advanced menu by 1) long press + and - to get to the first menu. 2) long press + and - again to get to password prompt. Wheel size, PAS levels, and speed limit are set in the menu after the password prompt. Manual for C695 attached in posts below.

I've been lurking and reading a ton on this site, and jumped in recently. I got a Bafang BBS02 from em3ev. It arrived this week, and i have been putting it together. So far it has all been very easy, but here is the rub:

It has a C695 display with only three buttons Power, +, -. I can power on, change PAS from 0 to 3. throttle and PAS are working OK. speed limit is set at 30km/h though, and I cannot access the advanced menu. :?

I have looked at various C695 manuals (from paul and lectric cycles, etc) but those don't match up with how my unit works. I dont have up or down buttons, and I cant access the parameters menu by double press of Power. I also looked at c691 manuals, and had a bit more luck. If I 'long press' + and - I get to a menu with some basic settings (not speed, wheel diameter, or # of PAS levels). Those are the three things I am after. long press of + and - with 8 presses of M does not do anything.

If I 'long press' + and - again in this menu it takes me to a password prompt. I entered "1919" as mentioned in the manuals. I also tried some other dummy ones like 1111, 1234, 0123, etc. No luck getting past this prompt. I have a feeling the settings I want are all hidden behind this wall. :evil:

Does anyone have any tips or ideas how I can change the speed, wheel, and PAS settings? Is there a way to 'reset' the password?

I will also send to Paul, but I probably wont hear back from him until after the weekend. I'll post my progress here if I make any.

Here are the items that appear in the first menu, and my guess to what they do:

tC (options are y/n). Not sure what this does. could not find it in c961 or c965 manual
bL1 (1 to 5). Backlight brightness
mph or kph. Speed unit selection
OFF (1 to 9). Time to display auto off
POd (1 or 0). Show current power in Watts
nnA (1 or 0). Something to do with retaining information. 'Maintain Reminded' in the manual.

long press of + and - in this first menu gives me:
PSd (enter 4 digits 1-9). Password prompt. I have tried 1919, and other combos, always dumps me back to the main screen.

A friend of mine is in the same boat just got a kit from Paul too.
Let us know what you find out.

He does advertise the c961 display with his kits, he should of informed his customers of the change and supplied the password.

The remote doesn't look as sturdy or waterproof either. I do like the watt meter feature but if they go that far why not log the wh'r as well.

Mushy

Go to
http://lectriccycles.com/pages/product-documentation
this website has the manual for C965. It has the directions on how to get into advanced settings

snowmobile_56308 said:
Go to
http://lectriccycles.com/pages/product-documentation
this website has the manual for C965. It has the directions on how to get into advanced settings

chazRevo said:
I have looked at various C695 manuals (from paul and lectric cycles, etc) but those don't match up with how my unit works.

Those pesky first posts should be read completely. :wink:

I have a backup C961 and would trade.

Thanks for the offer Tom, but I think I will give Paul at least few days to get me some documentation for this display. But eventually I will need to buy another display that works or trade. So I will let you know if I change my mind.

I took it for the first test ride today, and it is pretty awesome to cruise up a steep grade at 16 mph. I was able to draw over 900 W according to the display. Having the realtime power output is very cool. 8)

But the power cutting out at 16 mph is very disappointing. Just when its really putting in some power and hitting some fun speeds, it cuts out to 25 W. I can't wait to change the settings. :twisted:

I have attached a couple images showing my motor serial number and the display / buttons for those who are interested.

Motor Serial: 1410244829
Display Serial: 201410 V4.0
Controller Serial: K5ECROF0206 141000151

IMG_7432.JPG
IMG_7430.JPG

Nice ride!

Is it possible to order a 965 and exchange it with the 961 that came with the Original sets? I mean...is it connector compatible to the BBS01 f.i.?

I did figure out a hack to get rid of the speed limit. Just remove the speed sensor magnet from the Wheel. This renders the display useless because of Error 21, but I can still select level of PAS and use the throttle. A good workaround for now while I wait for more info. And I hit 34 mph by GPS with the throttle, not quite fred woo hoo hoo speed, but pretty awesome! http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2011/07/bsnyc-friday-naked-drumming-circle.html

I also took a picture of the c695 connector. I think it is the same connector and compatible with C691; can anyone else comment?

chazRevo said:
I also took a picture of the c695 connector. I think it is the same connector and compatible with C691; can anyone else comment?

Yes it is the same. I've tried to get info out of Lectric but so far no response. Seems I wasted that premium price for no better service than from Paul a world away. Actually EM3ev is MORE responsive. Live and learn!

Hello

in first, sorry for my bad English. My name is patrick and I am writing from France. I have exactly the same problems with my C965. is somebody have found an solutions ?

thank you for your help

I still have not heard any news from Paul yet, but he is trying to get documentation from Bafang.

disabling the speed sensor (move the magnet or unplug) allows you to use PAS and throttle. But then the screen is rendered useless because it displays error 21.

PLEASE be certain to post and share. I may have one on the way. Aliexpress is really flaky and Lectric is not forthcoming on a response. Several emails and nothing in a month. I'm so glad I paid a premium to buy from that outfit...

That is awesome, thank you Sivertrh! I got rained out today, but I will try this password as soon as I get home. The rest of the manual seems to match with my unit.

Hi! Em3ev sent me the manual in Chinese, and it worked very well to translate it. Password is 0512.

Check it out: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B48yG0Vy6-6tSkd3WnJ4R3Q1blU/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy!

Hello

i have the users book in English, explain me how i can do and i post it here.

PDF C965

Attachments

• C965.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,689
patdam said:
Hello

i have the users book in English, explain me how i can do and i post it here.
Is it different from the pdf I just posted? My print command gives me the option of printing and saving as a PDF file which I attached. Does it match the version you have?

here you can find

Attachments

• C965A Specification-201407.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,868
Yes the password 0512 works! I was able to change the number of pas levels, the wheel diameter and the top speed!

Thanks everyone for the help.

Back