Bafang M300/ MM G360.250 motor. trying to install lcd display

nubi

1 mW
Hello, im trying to change from the original dp e10.u "display" to c965 a0248 bf1.0 v5.0 but i get error code 30. and its driving me nuts iv checked every wire and connection. my bike does not have throttle or brake sensors wich i think might be the fault

Anyone got any tips ?

Attachments

• PXL_20230928_211255940.jpg
    PXL_20230928_211255940.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20230928_211232564.jpg
    PXL_20230928_211232564.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20230928_210758431.jpg
    PXL_20230928_210758431.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 9
Error 30 is communications error. This means that the display can't get a response from the controller, or it doesn't understand the response it gets. That happens when there is a wiring or connection problem (or wrong wiring), or when the display and controller speak different languages (protocols), such as when they are not part of the same brand/model system. Some displays can be bought with firmware for various types of controllers, and if the one you have doens't have compatible firmware for your controller model and version, you may get this error.

it can also happen if the controller isn't being turned on by the display; there's usually a "lock" signal from the display with battery voltage on it, and if that isn't present the controller won't turn on and so can't communicate. If the display / controller wiring isn't correct, this signal could be placed on a low-voltage pin of the controller (like the data lines) and that will destroy the controller, or at least it's ability to communicate. Either of these scenarios means the system won't do anything after you turn it on, no response to your control inputs (pedalling, etc).

Not having a throttle or ebrakes is unlikely to cause this error, though it might cause others if the system is designed to require them.

Error 30 is communications error. This means that the display can't get a response from the controller, or it doesn't understand the response it gets. That happens when there is a wiring or connection problem (or wrong wiring), or when the display and controller speak different languages (protocols), such as when they are not part of the same brand/model system. Some displays can be bought with firmware for various types of controllers, and if the one you have doens't have compatible firmware for your controller model and version, you may get this error.

it can also happen if the controller isn't being turned on by the display; there's usually a "lock" signal from the display with battery voltage on it, and if that isn't present the controller won't turn on and so can't communicate. If the display / controller wiring isn't correct, this signal could be placed on a low-voltage pin of the controller (like the data lines) and that will destroy the controller, or at least it's ability to communicate. Either of these scenarios means the system won't do anything after you turn it on, no response to your control inputs (pedalling, etc).

Not having a throttle or ebrakes is unlikely to cause this error, though it might cause others if the system is designed to require them.
I guess you didnt catch the part where the display is a bafang model ?

Bafang often has the same model displays, but they put different firmware in them. I have a C965 in my BBS02 mid drive but I believe it's different from the one they sell for hub motors.

Another example is the 850C. I don't know if bafang makes it, but it's an option for the BBS02 kit, but also used on the Tongsheng kits, which are completely different.

the g360 or m300 g360 is a mid motor but yea i do also think its firmware related or maybe it might be the eb-bus cable thats wrong, there is 8 cables going into it and only 5 cables going out

I guess you didnt catch the part where the display is a bafang model ?
i did. not eveyr bafang dispaly works on every bafang controller either.,

everrtything i said befofre still aplies, it is just as likely a wiring/connecxtion issue as anything else.

Back