Bang for buck 14-16s bms?

RiverRat

1 W
Hey people i may have fried my founding power bms. But while i look into it i need another couple asap. My budget is up to 200$ us for the pair and cheaper is better depending on the unit. Would like to deliver up to 3000w or 50 amps @ 60v

I have no idea just now and would appreciate all your suggestions so i can get it ordered.

Thanks Riv

BesTech.com have a minimum order of 2 and a huge range, so that may be work for you.

Postage was $27, and medium fast (10 days?, as I think they populated my boards when ordered).

for 50A you should use the D166 and if you wanna go to 60V with lipo then order 16S. 15S is 63V.

edit, assumed here that this was lipo. now thinking it must be lifepo4.

Thanks Dnmum and Gregory the pack is 14s .

The d166 looks good . http://www.bestechpower.com/448v14spcmbmspcbforlifepo4batterypack/PCB-D166.html

What are they worth and payment methods do they use?

Also the specs read charge voltage @ 50.4 volts. My pack gets up around 58v. I thought the charge current had to be above the maximum pack voltage?

If yous can give me the go ahead on it ill jump on them today .

Cant thank yous enough

not sure what you are using for a charger. 58V is for 16S lifepo4.

you can use the 16S BMS for 14S pack and if you decide to finally go to 16S then the extra channels will be available.

you do have lifepo4 i assume.

I have this one. balancing leds equipped, and 50A continuous tested. The quality/cost ratio is really good.

http://es.aliexpress.com/item/16S-L...Continuous-Discharge-Current/32263328170.html

16S-Li-ion-Lipo-Batteries-Protection-Board-BMS-System-60V-67-2V-50A-Continuous-Discharge-Current.jpg

Nobuo thanks I just orders 1 piece. Bestech got back to me and ill grab two from them aswell.

Building another pack so another spare cant hurt given my first outcome.

Cheers Riv

you can use the 16S BMS for 14S pack and if you decide to finally go to 16S then the extra channels will be available.
Sorry if this is a silly question:
So if I want to eventually go from 10S LiPo to 13S I can get a 13S BMS now and save myself the cost for a new BMS?
How doI do wire the spare channels until I go 13S?
Thanks for your help.

Metro_E-cart said:
Sorry if this is a silly question:
So if I want to eventually go from 10S LiPo to 13S I can get a 13S BMS now and save myself the cost for a new BMS?
How doI do wire the spare channels until I go 13S?
Thanks for your help.

Yes, buy the higher cell count. I've used 16S cells on 20S BMS as well as 12S cells on 16S BestechPower BMS/PCM.

For the ones I use, just leave the upper channels not-connected to anything. For your situation merely populate #1-#10 balance wires to appropriate battery cells and you should be good to go.

yes, just use the channels up to the lat one for whatever series that you have.

this also allows you to hack your battery on the side of the road to go from 16S to 15S if you have one channel go totally dead short and burn up so you only have 15 cells.

in that case you would just drop out that channel and short across it and then move the sense wires for the channels above the channel removed. so the sense wire for the channel removed would be shifted to the next cell in the old battery, and so on up to the point where it is now #15 on top and #16 is left open.

Back