Baserunner V5 seperate throttle from eBrake

arlo

1 µW
I recently got a Baserunner V5 from Grin Technologies and (almost) everything works as expected.
My goal is it to have seperate throttles for accelerating and regen braking.

The controllers documentation says that if i short the green (throttle signal) and blue (ebrake signal) cable on the 9-Pin Mains Cable the throttle and ebrake is combined.

The Ebrake signal on the 9 pin Main cable is an analog input that provides proportional braking control if desired. This is pulled to 5V internally, while the throttle signal is pulled low. If the throttle and ebrake signal are shorted together, then the signal level will sit at 1.0V, allowing a single wire bidirectional torque control with 0-0.9V mapped to regenerative braking, and 1.1-4.0V mapped to forwards torque.
If these signals are not shorted together then a simple ebrake switch to ground will activate maximum regen. Alternatively a secondary throttle can be wired to this input to achieve proportional braking without a Cycle Analyst, in which case the regenerative brake mapping should be reconfigured to have similar start and end voltages as the throttle signal.

Even though i didn‘t short the green and blue wires, it still functions as if i did. The Throttle+eBrake voltage sits at about 0.95V as expected and I checked the resistance between the wires with a multimeter and apparently they‘re connected but i don‘t know where nor how.
The dev screen reads out the right values for the throttle and the ebrake just sits at 4.6V constantly.
Mind, when i did a one-throttle-setup i connecting it to the green (throttle) wire didn‘t work. The blue (ebrake) wire worked for the combined signal.

I‘d appreciate any help, if you need further information don‘t hesitate to ask.

Sounds like something is miswired, either in the BR harness or the wiring leading up to it.

What are you plugging into the mains cable connector to get the wires out as separate ones? Or is the connector cut off and working with just the bare wires?

Back