Battery Bag Options

Aushiker

100 W
I am in the processing of converting one of my recumbent bikes over to e-assist, either the Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT or a my LoGo P-38 (see thread here).

Anyway on aspect I need to sort out is a battery bag for the battery. If I go with the Bacchetta the battery will be mounted on a rear rack, but with the LoGo P-38 will need to be hung off the side of the left pannier rack (these are low down besides the rear wheel). I am chasing suggestions on battery bags. I have found a few but if anyone has other recommendations or thoughts on what I have found please do share.

The battery that I plan to use, a EM3EV 50V 14.5Ah measures 203mm x 138mm x 75mm

Big Ole Bag

ebk-bob-bag.jpg

I found the Big Ole Bag but that is really too big at least for the LoGo P-38

Canvas Battery Bag

ebk-sla-bag.jpg

Smaller and suitable for the Bacchetta and maybe doable on the LoGo but again on the big size.

Trunk Bag

trunk-bag-with-key-switch-for-electric-bike-batteries-1.jpg

What would have been idea is the Trunk Bag but it is too small for my planned battery :(

So if you have any suggestions, I am all eyes :)

Thanks
Andrew

Because of your intended locations, you are not even limited to "battery bags" There are about a zillion options out there.

My favorite choice has been metal toolboxes, because crashing happens. But you can make inner boxes to protect a battery that is carried in a bag.

In my scalding hot climate, bags tended to result in overheating the bms. So I favored the hard box, which then got a vent cut in the front to let out the wire, and let in some cool air.

I feel your pain in the never-ending search for suitable battery bags. For triangle bikes it's mighty hard to top those battery frame bags from E3M (EM3???) Falcon, etc.

For rectangular types mockup your required dimensions and be on the lookout for suitable sized video/camera bags, tool bags, gear/instrument bags, etc.

Yes, black color does suck if exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time.

Ykick said:
For rectangular types mockup your required dimensions and be on the lookout for suitable sized video/camera bags, tool bags, gear/instrument bags, etc.

Mock-up done yesterday which helped in discounting one idea at least :)

Andrew

If anything, the problem is too many options. One of my favorite battery bags for a very small battery is a very durable soft lunchbox. I have also used things like plastic food containers and small ice chests. Possibly the most used hard box is the military ammo can.

Back