Battery Build - Qulbix Q76R and Raptor 140 Battery

Mammalian04

100 kW
Hey Gents,

I have 2 Q76Rs and a Raptor 140 that need batteries. I probably won't need them at the same time so I mocked up a battery that will fit both frames. 20s11p is about all I could fit comfortably so the battery can be easily taking in and out of frame.

Q76 and Raptor frame drawings overlayed on one another.
0a - Frame Overlay (640x324).jpg

20s11p layout - I am open to improvements if anyone sees any.
0b - 20s11p Planning (640x328).jpg

Q76 Frame
1.JPG

Batteries laid out according to drawing. Ignore the missing cells at the bottom. I ran out and had to steal some from the bottom. I've got more on order now. Also, I had a cell out of place on the 7th row from the bottom. The cell hanging out all the way on the right should have been a row higher, as shown in the drawing.
2.JPG

3.JPG

View attachment 6

5.JPG

View attachment 4

There is a chance that the battery could squeeze inside the frame above my Adaptto Max-e but it will be very tight if it does fit. The controller inside the frame under the white foam padding.
7.JPG

Attachments

• 0b - 20s11p Planning.JPG
    0b - 20s11p Planning.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 999
Will you be glueing the cells together?
If so you may want to consider the extra space that creates. With glue the pack may be tight on the Q76r.
Just a thought.

By the way, two Q76r and a 140. You got the ebike illness bad. Jealous. :)

Brentis said:
Will you be glueing the cells together?
If so you may want to consider the extra space that creates. With glue the pack may be tight on the Q76r.
Just a thought.

By the way, two Q76r and a 140. You got the ebike illness bad. Jealous. :)

I did think about the glue. Offroader had the same problem. He suggested securing the batteries with compression first, then gluing. I may do this but will need to get a deeper glue gun tip to get the glue farther down between the cells.

Yes, the two Q76Rs and the 140 are the ones that need batteries. The other 140, FLX Alpha, FLX Beta, LR Fatbike, Walmart Scwhinn conversion, and Luna Fat Bike confirm I am a very very sick person.... very sick.....

Can you fit twice that amount in the 140? since its 140mm wide. should fit two groups correct? I think i want to build a 20s22p pack

Back