Battery catches when sliding in. Wax or other suggestion?

EwanG

1 W
Per the title, I have an iZip Zuma where the battery fits into a "cage" in the back. It slides in to connect to the prongs that let it power the motor, and then there's a key to let you raise/lower a small metal prong to further lock it in place.

Trying to get it in and out of the cage, it seems like a tight fit, and I often have to jimmy it a bit side to side to work it past the halfway point. There is no obvious obstruction there, but it could be that the guiding rails are a little out of true or something.

Anyone else have a similar issue? Any solutions that have worked for you? I was thinking maybe some ski wax applied to the rails?

If you get it to slide freely, it'll rattle in the rack and damage the connections. I always bend my rails a bit to stop the rattling. You can't have both.

Wax or silicone spray would help it slide for sure though. Even a thin layer of grease like lip balm could help.

Bar Soap ain't bad for lubing sliding surfaces either although it washes away much easier than wax/grease. Which may or may not be useful for your purposes?

Every slide-on battery I've tried to date always rattles unless I add a cinch strap which sorta defeats the convenience of sliding battery mounts. Oh well....

Back