battery connection (GX16-4) question

Jac0

1 µW
hi guys,

new to the forum and scene (commencing first DIY project),
I bought me this battery https://electropapa.com/en/e-bike-replacement-battery-for-prophete-trio-dehawk-stratos-etc-10000mah-36v-li-ion-2

but it came without schematics or manual.
Can anyone tell me what the 4 pins on the GX16 male plug are for this battery?

I want to hook it up to a TSDZ2B but don't know which pin needs to be hooked to the red and which to the black wire of the motor.

Don't know much about electrical , but I think its unwise to start trying to measure (for risk of shorting out the battery)?
Can you damage the battery if the wrong pins are touched w a multimeter?
(sorry for the noob question)

thanks already for pointing me in the right direction, and helping me out on my start of this new journey!

kind regards,

If the multimeter is in working condition the battery will not be damaged. Red is positive and black is negative. If you hook the multimeter up backwards it should show negative voltage. This does depend on the multimeter.
Don't know much about electrical , but I think its unwise to start trying to measure (for risk of shorting out the battery)?
Can you damage the battery if the wrong pins are touched w a multimeter?
(sorry for the noob question)

thing is the battery has 4 pins output... and they are not colloured (see pic)
if I test on random 2 pins with a multimeter , i can never hurt the battery (and/or controller in the battery) ?

I fear it's also unsafe to come near those pins w a multimeter pins (for risk of shorting), right? So I best create a female plug w seperate wires on which I then test w multimeter (provided the answer to the first question is affirmative).

image.png

Jac0 said:
if I test on random 2 pins with a multimeter , i can never hurt the battery (and/or controller in the battery) ?
Should be OK.

Jac0 said:
I fear it's also unsafe to come near those pins w a multimeter pins (for risk of shorting), right? So I best create a female plug w seperate wires on which I then test w multimeter (provided the answer to the first question is affirmative).
Very good idea. Attempting to probe those pins directly with the meter's test leads is too risky to inadvertently short them.

Have you tried asking the vendor for the connector pinout?

thanks already, yes I asked vendor for providing the info...

But in the mean time I opened the battery slightly and peeked in ...

a red wire arrives and is soldered to pin 1 ... a black one to pin 3

Now i hope the Chinese that made this battery didn't use black for positive ;)

Merry X-mas to all reading this !

Soldered the female plug to my engine wire and it all works!

A follow up question regarding this connector:
anyone know which o-ring best fits these gx16 plugs (to make them more waterproof) ?

I'm thinking a 10x1mm rubber o-ring might do the job ? But I'm sure someone here has put this to the test...
and I don't want to order 30 pieces only to find out they don't fit :)

Back